Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday

There is not much to say on this Good Friday other than I am so thankful for a loving, living Savior who sacrificed his life for mine. For yours. 

I can't imagine what it would be like to allow [let alone plan for] your one and only son to die for the sins of others. To die for humanity, ungrateful, sinful, humankind. Yet, that is exactly what God did for us. I feel especially amazed and grateful this year because I have a son. I have a child and I would do anything so that my child wouldn't have to die. 

Reading the story of Abraham and how God asked him to sacrifice his son, he said, sure. He had faith. He trusted God. I know my faith is not that deep. I would have a hard time serving a God who asked me to to give up my only son.

Yet, God gave up his only son for us. His love for us is so great, so deep, that he sacrificed his son. I feel like a simple thank you is inadequate. 

Easter is one of my favorite days because it celebrates Christ rising from the dead. It celebrates a Living God. A loving God. A God who wants us to be his children. 

What an amazing God we serve. 

Have a blessed Easter weekend. 

2 comments:

Amy said...

You have a blessed and Happy Easter as well!

Susannah said...

It's so wonderful that we serve such an awesome God! Have a wonderful Easter!