Monday, March 25, 2013

I hit a bump

Do you ever have those times in your life when you are lacking on motivation? I feel like that's me, for a long time now. Especially motivation when it comes to really seeking after the Lord. I used to spend time every day reading the Word and in prayer. I still pray, it's just sprinkled throughout the day and not as quality as I feel it once was. I don't know what happened. I've hit a bump and I can't seem to get over it. I want to strengthen my walk, I want to grow closer to Christ. But for some reason I just feel like it's harder to spend time with Christ now more than ever.

I feel like it started soon after I started teaching. My first year was crazy and busy and horrible. And while I did have a quiet time it just wasn't what it had been... maybe that's part of why my first year as a teacher was terrible?  That's when I first hit the bump and I can't seem to get over it. I kind of just go through the motions now. I know what to say and what to do, I just don't do it. Not like I use to. Not like I know I should or need to [or want to for that matter]. I want to be in the center of Christ's embrace. I want to desire him more than anything else.

How do I get that? How do you get over that bump? How do you bring the "spark" back into your walk with Christ?

1 comment:

Susannah said...

I've had this feeling many times before. Thankfully, the Lord is always there for us. Even in a dry spell, He's there, welcoming us back to him. Thanks for being so honest with all of us!