Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Emerson: 3 Months

Emerson, I had your three month update all typed and ready to go and then it just disappeared and there was no getting it back. It pretty much ruined my night. Here's to hoping I have better luck this time around! 

Anyhow, you are a growing little boy! This past month you have been able to see lost of family and friends and while visiting you are loved on, a lot! You bring so much joy into our lives and into the lives of everyone who knows you. 
 
You were my little bunny on Easter, it was so fun celebrating this holiday with you. 

You are a thinker. You like to have your hands under your chin or on your cheek most of the time. It really does look like you are in deep thought about something. 

Our little family on our first holiday. 

You are becoming more and more alert every day [sometimes to the point where you don't take a very long nap]. You are noticing lights, ceiling fans, and follow us with your eyes. When you help me fix dinner every night your eyes and head follow me when I move around the kitchen. You are a pretty good helper [most of the time]. 

You really like cuddling [being held]. We love to hold you, but sometimes it would be nice if you could chill out on your own. 

You also really like your paci, most of the time.

Daddy finished his big test so you have been able to cuddle with him more. 

You are spitting your tongue out a lot. Sometimes you will mimic me when I spit my tongue out, but most of the time you just get a really serious look on your face like you are trying to figure out what I am doing.  

You are smiling a lot these days! When you get your diaper changed, when you take a bath, when you finish eating, after you poop [which is not very often], when we read stories. Your smile is so happy and pure, I love it! 

You are also starting to giggle. It might be like a cough sometimes, but more and more the sound is not getting stuck in your  throat. You are especially giggly and smiley when you look at the circles on your bedding. 

You are growing! I feel like you  are so big now because you are taking more pace in your car seat. You weigh 10 lbs 14 oz. So big!

You are still nursing [though that's another post altogether] and seem to doing well since you are growing so much. 

You have started drooling a little bit and when you cry there are tiny sad little tears in your eyes. It breaks my heart to see those tears. 

You are also getting long. So long that you are starting to out grow your newborn outfits and sleepers and fit into the 0-3 month clothing. You are still in size 1 diapers.   

You love going on walks and being outside. You also do really well in the car, which is a good thing since we do a lot of traveling.

You really like to have your hands in little fists and in the air like you are going to box someone. You just wave those fists around and around...  

You also like you kick and have your feet in the air. A lot. When I put socks on you, you kick them off pretty quickly because your feet are never still unless you are sleeping. 

I can't believe how much you have grown in one month! 
...you have been working on your relationship with Pooh this month too... 

you guys are best buddies now :) [see your kickin foot?!]


I love you so much and love being able to spend my days with you!

- Your Mama

2 comments:

The Not Quite Military Wife said...

Such a little guy! So cute!

Susannah said...

Oh my word! He is so adorable!!! :-) That's such a bummer that you had to write the post twice!