Monday, April 15, 2013

losing the baby weight

This morning I went to the gym and ran. True story. While I was running I remembered just how much I truly despise running. I hardly like working out, but running, it's like ten hundred times worse than just working out. I really don't know how the heck I ran the Princess 1/2. It's a good thing I got pictures of me actually running that half otherwise I don't know if even I would believe I ran a whole 13.1 miles. Whew. It's exhausting just thinking about running.

The only reason I even went to the gym was because I am trying to get my old body back. I hear that it is never quite the same as before once you have a child, and that may be true, but I am going try and do anything something to get it back. Does anyone have any advice for getting your pre-baby body back for the people like me who don't really like exercising? Cause that would be super. I have thought up a little routine I can do at home that will help me tone up a little bit and loose the rest of the baby weight, the only problem I have with the routine is actually doing it. bah! Why can't I be one of those people who LOVE working out? Why can't I just enjoy working out? I feel like once upon a time I kind of liked it because I noticed a difference in my body. My clothes became a lot looser and I wasn't quite as flabby. I liked that. Until the baby I was able to maintain that. I'm just having a difficult time getting back into the routine of working out. It seems a little trickier too because I can't just up and go to the gym as easily as I once could. oh dear.

Maybe if I say on here that I am going to do so many hours of exercise a week it will actually happen. Because if I don't do it I might feel guilty because I said I would to someone other than myself. I don't think I'm that brave though.

... but, this week I am going to try and get into doing something to help me get my old body back. Maybe I won't eat as many cookies... :)

Any advice would be super welcome :) 




3 comments:

Susannah said...

Good for you, girlie! Just make sure you're doing it not simply to get your old body back because you'll probably be disappointed. Do it for your health and you'll see amazing results. :-)

Susannah said...

Good for you, girlie! Just make sure you're doing it not simply to get your old body back because you'll probably be disappointed. Do it for your health and you'll see amazing results. :-)

Megan. OneFifteenDanville. said...

How fitting! I just wrote about my struggles with the same thing, the first step is making it to the gym, so good for you! Have you thought about tracking your measurements? Maybe seeing progress there will keep pushing you to keep going. Losing baby weight is hard! I hate working out too. Try to add variety to your workouts so your not just staring at the timer on the treadmill, have you tried any fitness classes at your gym? Keep up the good work mama! You can do it!