Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Story of Us: Part 2

In case you missed the first part of our story you can catch up here


Part 2: The Hottie

I arrived in Kentucky late one night. As we drove the three hours from the airport to my sister's house she and her husband told me they were going to be moving, in three days, and asked if I would please help (as if I had a choice in the matter). We spent the next few days packing up their house and then made the drive to their temporary place of residence. They really didn't know how long they would be staying at my brother-in-law's parent's farm house.

My sister's in-laws have always been very sweet and welcoming to me. Christmas was no different. They treated me much like family, especially in the sense that they continued to ask if there were any boys in my life and then they proceeded to list of names of nice boys in town that I would like. Naturally I just smiled and nodded. I really wasn't interested in boys at the moment. In fact, I had just decided that God wanted me the be single for the time being and I was quite enjoying myself. Plus, even if I met a boy over Christmas break chances were that he would live in Kentucky, not Idaho. Long distance relationship? No thanks.

Over break my sister and brother-in-law proceeded to set me up with several of their friends, so when then mention of a new guy came into the picture I was really turned off. I didn't want to meet anyone, I lived in Idaho, and I didn't enjoy awkward situations (being set up with a complete stranger that you know is a good friend of your brother-in-law). My feelings about meeting someone were completely disregarded and there was mention of a boy named Landon. "Oh, Landon is such a nice boy," (read: socially awkward). "He's a great Christian, really involved with church..." (he has no friends) "He's cute!"(He's not hideous) on and on... blah blah blah.

Then one night my brother-in-law's cousin (who was best friends with Landon) and his Girlfriend decided to stop by the house. It just so happened that they had been out with some of their friends, Landon being one of them. How planned convenient. After Landon walked inside, the Girlfriend danced behind him pointing to him, "That's him! Isn't he cute?!" My pregnant sister joined in dancing at that point, "He's hott, Hannah!!"

And he was. I'm pretty sure I thought, "Wow, that's him?! He is a hottie..."




1 comment:

Susannah said...

EEEKKK!!! This is so cute!!! :-D I can't wait to read more. :-)