Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 7: I'm scared of...

Day 7: the thing(s) you're most afraid of.

When I thought about what I am most afraid of I thought of these:

- not being able to see Emerson grow up
- loosing a loved one: Landon, Emerson, a family member, my puppy
- tragic illnesses and accidents for me or my loved ones


These are the things that terrify me the most. Sometimes I find myself worrying about them and that's when I know I need to start praying again, more. That's when I need to give it over to Christ. He has the perfect plan for our lives, even though I don't know what it is. He is in control and I just need to trust Him. ...so much easier said than done, but it is something I am working on [and will for the rest of my life]. 

Of course there are other little things that scare the living daylights out of me: 


- Rats [and mice, but rats absolutely scare me to death]. I am truly deathly terrified of rats. They are the nastiest, most disgusting, horrific creature ever [I don't mean to offend you if you happen to love rats, they are just not for me]. Maybe this is because I have had many many terrifying encounters with them [though not quite like my brother has]. Like one time, a rat was living in the box spring of the bed my brother slept on and even nibbled on his hair one night! We saw the rat run around the house before a cat finally came and caught him. And that is only one of my rat stories. Needless to say, if you mention rats to me I shiver up and down and have to make myself thing of rainbows and butterflies because I about die if I don't.


- Bees. I dance as far away from bees as I can the moment I see one. I don't really care for other bugs, but bees send me running. uuugh!

What are you afraid of? Go link up with Jenni. 




1 comment:

Rachel said...

I really don't like rats either. I have to walk past a park to get to work and I saw one run out in front of me. I was terrified! I walk on the other side of the road now!

Enjoy your day
Rachel x