Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My life in 250 Words

Today I'm linking up with Jenni and sharing my life in 250 words... here goes nothing.

I was born in Cincinnati, OH and moved to Lawrence, KS when I was barely walking. At the age of four-ish my family moved to Bremerton, WA where we lived till I turned nine at which point we moved to Papua New Guinea. My parents were starting their lives as missionaries. I said good-bye to my two older siblings and off we went. My little brother, older sister, and myself quickly adapted to life in a third-world country. I loved living in PNG, life was simple. Before my sophomore year of high school the five of us moved to Bangkok, Thailand. What a change. I hated it at first. Life was not simple anymore. But I learned to love it, and my time in Thailand. Upon graduating from high school I came to the states and started college at a little school in Illinois. I transferred schools once or twice and graduated from a different little school in Idaho with a degree in English. I moved to Kentucky where my boyfriend was living so we could live in the same city as each other for a while. We got engaged that December and married the following October and moved to Texas. A year later we moved back to Kentucky and I earned my masters degree in education. I became a Freshman English teacher [yikes!]. Now we have a dog and a three month old baby boy ... and more change is upon the horizon. Can you tell I move a lot? :)

And there you have it. My life in a nutshell.You should try it, it's fun!

2 comments:

CMae said...

You've moved a lot! I'm not a child of a missionary or army person, but I've moved a lot as a kid too! (9 times to be exact!) My father was always getting transfers for jobs in different states. :) Found your blog through the link up! :)

Susannah said...

What fun - I don't know if I could sum up my life in so few words. I do love knowing another girl who grew up in Asia! :-)