Monday, May 6, 2013

what I do


So I have already failed at the "blog every day in May" challenge... woops. I'll do better from here on out. And try to make up the ones I missed, but I'm won't promise anything... Anyhow, today's the question is: if you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question 'what do you do?' 

Honestly it is hard for me to think of what I do, maybe because I feel like what I do makes up a big part of who I am. So maybe I should ask myself who am I? I am a follower of Christ, a wife, a mama, a homemaker, a baker, a writer, a teacher, an adventurer, and a nomad. I am all of these things and when you put them all together that makes up what I do. I seek after the Lord. I respect my hubby. I take care of our new little boy. I keep our house clean and tidy [or try to!]. All of these things are an important part of my life. They are who I am and therefore what I do.

What do you do if you couldn't answer with your job?
 


1 comment:

Susannah said...

I love this question because I feel as though we shouldn't define ourselves by our jobs as much as we do in this culture. I'm so much more than a receptionist!