Wednesday, June 19, 2013

bittersweet change

You may or may not remember me mentioning that lately life in our home has been a little crazy. Not crazy as in there are a dozen children running around, screaming, and spilling red Kool-Aid on the white carpet. Crazy like there have been some big decisions we have been making/talking/praying about and all of the what-ifs that go along with those decisions.

This is it: we are moving. In a month and a half we will be packing up our home and the life we have here in Louisville and moving to Champaign, Illinois. Of all of the moves I have made [and there have been a lot] this one just might be one of the most difficult ones to make. We have lived here for almost four years exactly [a long time for me, believe it or not] and in that time we have built some incredible friendships, found an amazing church, found a Small Group that we truly love, and have Landon's family nearby. This is where we started our family. This is a place I have grown to love. Leaving Louisville, our friends, and family is bittersweet. We are sad to leave what we love and know, but we know that moving to Champaign is what God wants us to do.


I feel so relieved that I was finally able to tell you this life changing piece of news [we thought it would be best for me to wait to say anything until after Landon told his boss]. If you think of it or feel so inclined, your prayers for us in this time of transition would be most welcome. I'm so thankful for the friendships I have with you all, I know that they will continue to grow as we move [that's the great thing about blogging, it doesn't matter where you live or move to, your friends get to come along :]



4 comments:

Ashley Barnhill said...

Praying for you! :)

Susannah said...

You and your move will definitely be in my prayers!

Jessie said...

Another adventure! I've never lived anywhere longer than five years either. Praying for you. If it feels right, I'm sure everything will be great.

Lauren said...

definitely saying a prayer for you...I've lived within the same 30 mile radius for all 30 years of my life, so I can imagine this change will be difficult for you & your family!