Friday, June 21, 2013

Emerson - 5 months

Emerson, 

Today you are five months. I know I say this all the time, and I will say it again, you are getting so big! I can't believe you are already five months old! You have done so many things this month, like going to the beach for the first time, rolling over, trying out some cereal... I LOVE spending my days with you and watching you grow and learn. Every day is full of new and fascinating things for you and it makes my heart to happy to watch you watch the world around you.  

 
You love being held on my shoulder so you can look around and see everything. Sometimes when I hold you it seems like you are giving me hugs - your little arms wrap around my arm and neck, it is the sweetest thing. 

 You have started taking pretty good naps during the day. Your first nap of the day is always the longest (well, usually). This nap usually happens any time from 10-12, whenever you get your second feeding of the day and usually lasts from 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
Your personality is really shining through! You are such a happy little guy, you smile all the time and love it when people talk to you. You have such a sweet giggle. It comes straight from your belly and sometimes is seems like it hurts you, you are laughing so hard. It's one of the cutest things!  


 Playing is on of your favorite things to do. It doesn't matter if it's peek-a-boo, holding your ball or other toy, being kissed on your belly... you love to play. You smile the whole time and laugh your little belly laugh. Of course I love to hear the laugh so much that I pretty much do anything to hear it. 

 Those little legs of yours are getting stronger and stronger! You love to stand up when I hold you. You will stand in my lap and smile at the world around you like you have conquered it. I help you stand of course, but your legs get stronger each day. When you have had enough of standing you just plop your little buns down in my lap and sit for a while. Then you start the whole thing over again. 
 
 
 Bath time is one of your favorite things. You love sitting in the bath and getting all clean. You don't even seem to mind too much when I dry you off and rub lotion on you, however, you don't really enjoy getting your pajamas put on. Maybe it's because you know that after pajamas comes bedtime and you are still not a huge fan of bedtime.
 You love to cuddle and I'm happy to oblige. Holding you is one of the sweetest things. You especially like to fall asleep in my arms at nap time, it's so hard to lay you down because you are so soft, sweet, and snugly.

Tummy time is getting more and more bearable for you. You still don't love being on your belly for too long, but you last a little bit longer each and every day and are able to really hold your head up now. 

You have rolled over a few times now, from belly to back and back to belly. It takes a lot of energy so you don't roll over too often. 

You love playing with your toys now, and anything else you can get your hands on. Though, it all goes in your mouth these days. You also like to grab things: toys, blankets, burp cloths, my hair, my face... it's all the same to you :)

 Sitting/laying for too long makes you really bored, so we spend a lot of time playing. You like to be able to roll around on the ground and go wherever you like. You scoot up and down and all around and look so happy while you are playing, though you are sure to let me know the moment you are bored playing. Then we move on to something else. 

You LOVE looking in the mirror! You like to stand and smile and giggle at the baby you see looking back at you. It makes you instantly happy. You also love holding my hand. You grab my fingers in your tiny little hands and hold on for dear life. Sometimes you even hug my hand.

  You are just growing so fast and getting sweeter each and every day. I am just so glad that you let me be your momma, it makes my heart happier than you will ever know. You bring so much joy into our home. You are loved very very much, Emerson. We pray that you will grow in this love and in the love of Christ. I love you sweet little handsome pants man of mine! 

Love, 
Your Momma

2 comments:

Nicole said...

aww sweet boy! he reminds me of our little emmett. and i totally adore your little guy's name. so adorable!

xo

Megan said...

Your baby boy is so cute!!

http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/