Wednesday, June 12, 2013

just a little shellac

For Mother's Day my sister-in-laws treated me to a manicure and pedicure. They were so sweet and thoughtful to surprise me with this little gift. We all met up a few days later and went to the nail salon. While I was having the pedicure done I was asked if I wanted shellac nail polish. I had no idea what that meant so both the people at the salon and my sister-in-law, Lauren, explained what it was to me. Lauren told me it was great and I should have it done for sure. It stays on for two weeks! It sounded pretty great so I said sure and had them fix my nails up.

What I didn't think to ask was, if it will stay on for two weeks with no smudging, how will I get it off? I should have asked that question. Because come to find out, it doesn't come off. Not unless you pay to go back to the nail salon or buy some special potion that would only be used once. I'm too cheep for either so I just have nails that look like this these days...



Nice, right? My method for getting the shell shellac nail polish off is to pick and peel. Ugh. I just wish it didn't take so long to pick or look so unbecoming. I'm pretty sure this is the last time I will have my nails done this way. I'd take the smudges from regular nail polish any day, at least I can wipe it off when I want to.

Anyhow. That's what's been on my mind today. just. come. off.


2 comments:

Ashley Barnhill said...

I love shellac! That's all I do now (I do it at home since I bought a system.. it's expensive to get it done at the salon every time). If you soak your nails in 100% acetone for 10 minutes, you can scrap it off with one of those wooden nail cuticle thingys. Hope that helps!

Susannah said...

I've thought about getting a shellac polish but now that I've read this I won't! I really don't like the idea of having to dish out money to get polish OFF my nails!