Tuesday, June 11, 2013

thrity-one




Recently a friend of mine invited me to a little Thirty-One party. It was just a few of us girls, which is the perfect kind of gathering for me. I'm not much for large groups of people, especially people I don't know. Anyhow I went to the party with a pretty good idea of what I was going to get. In case you don't know this about me, I am one of the worlds most indecisive people. Often times I will see something cute or something that I like while walking around in a store. I'll pick it up, admire it for ten minutes, sometimes I'll try it on if it is a piece of clothing, then put it in my basket and walk around the rest of the store. All the while I'm walking around thinking about if I should actually purchase the cute item in my basket. The entire time I'm in the store my mind is having a great debate. "It's cute, I know I'll use it. I need it. It's on clearance...  No, I don't need it. I don't need to spend my money on this. But it's so cute! ...." and on and on it goes. It's really quite sad and pathetic. Usually by the time I've walked up to the register I have decided not to get said item. ... at least I'm saving money, right? It's a curse. Really and truly.

So, see. I'm indecisive. Because I know myself so well, I knew I needed to know what I was going to order before going to the party. So I looked closely through the online catalog and priced everything. I had a limit. I wasn't going to exceed the limit. I had been told that if I spent $31 I would get a nice big utility tote for just $10. Score. I could do that. I had my items picked and was set.

But when I got to the party I discovered I had to spend $35 to get the $10 tote. Ummm... I wasn't planning on that so my whole order was messed up. I hate it when that happens. I just picked something and didn't get the tote. But when I got home I kept thinking about my order and sure enough ended up changing my mind. I was excited though because I got two presents for a great deal! I think they are too cute!




Thermal Mini Zipper Pouch
via
Party Punch
via








No comments: