Thursday, July 18, 2013

on trusting in God

There are a few terrifying things about packing up our life and moving a few hundred miles away. Not that I've never moved before, it's just that there are several unknowns about this upcoming move. That is what makes it a little terrifying. One of the biggest unknowns for me is what I will do once we get there. I think I may have mentioned before that I am hoping to babysit so I can stay at home with Emerson. It looks like that is becoming quite the possibility!

I am going to meet with a girl who had a baby this June, she is a teacher and she is looking for some one to take care of her baby girl. She goes to the same church as a friend of a friend of mine goes to. Connections, I tell you. Anyhow, we have corresponded back and forth quite a bit and I am actually going to meet her in person soon! The emails make this sound like a very promising possibility, I just hope the meeting goes well and she doesn't change her mind about letting me babysit her baby.

It truly is crazy to see how God is working in our lives right now. From this upcoming meeting, to providing housing once we move, to all of the school stuff the husband is going to be doing, everything seems as though it is God ordained. Which is reassuring, because moving is going to be a big change for us. I'm just thankful for a God who cares and provides. He truly does know what is best for us and he holds us in the palm of his hand. This move is helping me to trust in him all over again.

Here's to hoping this meeting goes well! :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

I hope that it goes well!! That's a great idea to make extra money!

Susannah said...

I'm praying it goes wonderfully!!! :-) God truly will guide you guys. :-)