Friday, August 23, 2013

five on friday - babies and sewing

1. I survived my first whole week of babysitting. It is definitely a challenge watching two babies at once. Some days the babies sleep at the same time, which is nice, but that also means that a lot of the time they are also hungry at the same time, which is not so nice. Overall though, it is going well and I am enjoying the fact that I am able to stay at home with Emerson and babysit to earn some extra income for our little family.

2. Since we moved I decided that I wanted to spruce up our living room a little bit. We have nice brown and tan couches and pillows that came with them. Pretty much, there's a whole lot of browns and tans in our living room and not too much color. I'm changing that. This week I started making pillowcase covers for our pillows and a curtain to match. I am having so much fun making these little covers! It's a good thing too, because I have several more to make!


3. Emerson is having some tummy troubles. Apparently starting solids can make a little tummy constipated. Poor fellow! I don't know what to do. I have tried a number of things, one of them being feeding prune and/or apple juice but he doesn't seem to like either. So here we are. A baby with a grumpy tummy. This sadly (I'm assuming) is making him not want to eat very much either. When we first started solids he was happy to eat and eat and eat. Not any more. He'll take a few bites and be done. I'm just worried! I don't know what to do. Help?!


4. All of the boxes in our house are finally unpacked! yay!

5. We got our washer and dryer early! Before we moved we found a steal of a deal on a washer and dryer so we ordered them so they could be delivered once we moved in. Well, apparently the washer wasn't in stock and wouldn't be until the 29th of August. What?!  I tried everything possible to get it sooner than that, but it was useless. We would have to wait until August 29 to get our washer. The dryer we could have before then... Strange. Thankfully, a guy from the store called me up the other day and asked when they could deliver the washer! Praise Jesus!

That's it! Now you should go link up and join the fun with Darci !


Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Poor Emerson! Elyse didn't ever have tummy troubles so I'm absolutely NO help...poor little guy, hope he gets over it quickly and gets back to enjoying his yummy food!

Jennie said...

Those pillow covers are so cute!

kelseylynae said...

Blythe has been constipated essentially since leaving the womb, so here ya go:

When she was still nursing my pediatrician told me to mix miralax in with her milk [obviously would pump and bottle feed for this]. I started with about 1/4-1/2 of the adult dose, and gave it to her once a day until she would have a BM [usually a good day or two when I first started]. When she moved to solids I would sometimes mix it in with her food so I didn't have to pump, but she was a good eater and I knew she would eat it all, thus I wasn't wasting the miralax. I also fed her prunes every morning, and those didn't even help, so the miralax really is the only thing that did it for us. Now she is a little more regular, but when I notice she hasn't pooped for a day or two, I stir some in her milk cup again to help her out. It is the best ever! Hope that helps! [My sister used it with her second, also]

And adorable pillows.

Alli said...

I was told more water to help with constipation. But that's just my mom saying that, so I don't know how true it is. I can say that we haven't had any problems with it though.