Wednesday, September 25, 2013

a little liebster award

Last week Ashley picked me for the Liebster Award. I was reading her blog and saw my name! Crazy! And super sweet of her. This is how Ashley explained what the Liebster award is: "... a peer-nominated award that is given to new, up and coming bloggers (under 200 followers) for a chance to "meet" new bloggers and find new blogs."  I thought it would be fun to participate, so here we go!

The rules: 

1. Link back to the person that nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the nominator
3. Choose 5-11 bloggers, each under 200 followers, and nominate them for the award
4. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer

Ashley's Questions: 

1. What are your favorite things about Fall?

I love everything about Fall! But I guess a few favorites would have to be... the cool crisp air, the rich colors of the earth, cozy sweaters and hoodies, soup [I feel like it's the perfect season for soup], pumpkins, baking with said pumpkins, homey smelling candles... the list could go on. Fall is seriously my favorite season of all [I just talked about this yesterday]. Maybe one of the reasons for that is because I grew up in a tropical country and never really experienced Fall until I came to the states for college. Good memories. [can ya tell I'm in love with this season?]. And also, the hubs and me were married in October. How much better could it get? :]


2. If you could live in a decade other than the current one what would it be and why? 

This is something I think about a lot. I would have loved to live in the Pioneer Days. Covered wagons, horses, cow pies, stove ovens, hay mattresses, caravans traveling West... I think the reason I would have loved to live in this time so much is because it was a simple time. There were no big distractions. You lived off of the land and worked hard for your family [in a different sort of way than people do these days]. Everything was made from scratch. You planned your meals ahead - what you had to can/dry/store for the winter months. Life was simple and quiet.

...sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era, but I suppose God knows what He's doing, huh? :)


3. Why did you start blogging? 

I started blogging because I love to write and I thought it would be a fun way to keep track of the goings on of our lives. I journaled, but then I discovered that blogging existed and it is a little more interactive. When we moved around it was nice to have some sort of friendships through blogging. I also started blogging so friends and family could keep up with where we were and what we were up to.

4. What is your favorite quote? 

Is it bad that I don't have a favorite quote? I like this verse a lot though...


5. If your life became a movie what Actress would you want to play you? 

I  think I would pick Rachel McAdams. She just seems sweet [well, not in Mean Girls] and she is super cute. It would be flattering if she would pretend to be me.




6. What is your favorite color? 

Green ... and yellow. They are both pretty close. They are just so happy and fresh, it's hard not to like them.


7. What is your favorite candy or snack? 

The popcorn that comes in tins around Christmas time. I love that stuff. I have could eat the whole tin in one sitting.


8. Sunrise or Sunset? 

They are both so gorgeous! But I think I would pick sunset just because I'm more happy to be awake at sunset than sunrise. I can enjoy it more because I'm not straining to keep my eyes open.


9. Favorite hobby? 

Baking. I could bake all day. I heart it.


10. Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts coffee? 

Starbucks. Though, it's a special treat for sure! That stuff is scrumptious and pricey! The past few years I have been given gift cards to Starbucks for Christmas or something and I make it last a whole year. Special treat, I tell ya.


11. Favorite flower? 

I feel like this changes. I love tulips, but they die so quickly! Daffodils are happy, but they kind of have a short life too. Orchids are Beautiful and live for a long time. Gerber Daisies are just plain ol' happy.

So, orchids. At least for today.


The five ladies I'm picking... 

Caitlyn @ Home Sweet Ruby
Megan @ One Fifteen Danville
Lauren @ The Lucky Layman's
Heather @ A Different Kind of Woman
Chelsea @ Anchors Aweigh

11 questions:

1. What is your favorite holiday and why?

2. What is one of your favorite family traditions and why? Or what family tradition would you like to start and why?

3. How do you like to spend your free time?

4. If there was one person you could meet [famous, dead, alive...] who would it be and why?

5. Favorite time of day and why?

6. Do you have a favorite place to go and visit? Where is it and why is it your favorite?

7. Mountains or beach? Why?

8. If you could do anything for one month what would it be and why?

9. Do you like to read? What is your favorite book [if you have one]?

10. What do [did] you want to be when you grow [grew] up? Are you doing that?

11. What is some of the best advice you have ever been given?

......

Alright then! That's all I've got for now.




1 comment:

Heather Leigh @ Adifferent kind of woman said...

Hey girl!! Thanks so much for tagging me! I'll def have to do this :)