Monday, September 16, 2013

oh to exercise ...

So, I've been trying to motivate myself to get into a good work-out routine. It has been hard since we moved and since having a baby to really get into a routine. Once upon a time I went to Zumba twice a week. I loved going to Zumba. I looked forward to it. They were some of my favorite nights of the week. I loved that I could work out without feeling like I was actually working out. That's the appeal of Zumba to me. I h-a-t-e exercising. It's horrible really. I've never really been the athletic type and have pretty much avoided exercise of all kinds as much as I can. In college I had to take a few fitness classes and because I was being graded for exercise, you can bet that I took it seriously and kicked some booty. But then I graduated, moved, and didn't have access to a gym [for free]. And it stopped.

Once I ran a half marathon with my sister [which you can read about here, here, and here -goodness, looking back at those posts and pictures makes me want to do it all over again!]. The only reason I was able to actually run was because I paid to run. I wasn't able to let that money go to waste. I had to run!

Anyhow, I was talking to my hubs the other night about running and working out and my problem of hating it all. He's the complete opposite of me and practically dies if he can't workout every day. It's sickening really. If only I could be more like him in that regard... So this is what he suggests to me: If I work out for 30 minutes three times a week I get five dollars that I can spend on new clothes, a candle, Emerson, my hair... whatever I want. But if I don't work out the money goes to him and he can do whatever he wants with it. Naturally, I accepted this offer of his. Five dollars might not seem like much, but it kind of is. I mean, it's like I get paid to work out. Shoot. How can you turn that down?

It might seem silly. But hey, if it's getting me off of my booty that's all that matters, right? Right. What gets you motivated to work out? I'm still open to suggestions! :)

5 comments:

Silver Lining Decor said...

That's such a great idea to get motivated! I am not a huge fan of working out either and my husband loves it.

Jess Norden said...

I'd exercise for that! Heck, I'd exercise for a back or foot massage! Actually, I get those pretty often, so I'd take the money. ;) Go, girl!

Susannah said...

Haha. That's a wonderful idea!

jennifer said...

Ugh I hate working out too! It's horrible! But getting money for it would motivate me to do it for sure! Mama needs new clothes!

kelseylynae said...

I hate working out so much that I don't think $5 is enough! But I do like this idea. And we are similar because Brent literally gets up at 5:30 and runs…miles and miles and miles… Two of my least favorite things: waking up, and running. I don't know how he does it!