Thursday, October 17, 2013

a little book shop

The other day Landon had a meeting with someone, so after dropping him off at his meeting Emerson and I walked around a little bit. The meeting was downtown and I hadn't walked around there yet, so it was fun to do a little bit of exploring. One of the first things I cam across on our little adventure was a used book shop. Naturally, I was drawn in. There is something about used book shops. Maybe it's the smell of old books rich with stories and knowledge waiting to be exposed one more time. Maybe it's loved look on the spine covers. Maybe it's the comforting fact that you are being invited to make a new friend. 


Regardless, I love used book shops. Though, I didn't take a new pal home with me (cause lets face it, we have a library where I don't have to pay a penny :), I quite enjoyed making new friends with all the books I happened upon.


Oh books, how I love you. Have you read any good books lately? I'm currently out of ideas for books to read. What are some of your all time favorites?


2 comments:

Katie said...

I recently read The Fault in Our Stars and LOVED it.

Susannah said...

Wow, I want to sit in that book store forever!