Tuesday, October 29, 2013

a little halloween party

On Friday evening Landon's department at the university had a little Halloween party. I was mostly excited about the party for one reason: it would give me a chance to dress Emerson up in his Halloween costume. Also, it gave me an "excuse" to bake some yummy cookies. 


While the cookies cooled I mixed up the icing to frost them with, I will share the recipe for the cookies in a day or so.


Emerson organized the pantry while I frosted the cookies.


And then off we went to meet Landon and have a little party. There was a pumpkin carving contest and everything. We didn't carve one, but Landon helped some Chinese students who had never carved a pumpkin before.



There were a lot more babies than I expected to find at an engineering party.


Emerson made a new friend, what a friendly little guy.


Melt my heart. This little raccoon is too much for me!

I heart these two so much.

All in all, it was a nice little night. Though, we felt a little old when it was 7:00 and had to go home because it was bedtime (for Emerson).

Happy Halloween Week! :)

1 comment:

Susannah said...

Goodness, his costume is just the cutest! :-)