Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Emerson: 9 months

Emerson,

I know I say it all the time, but I just can't get over how big you are getting! Today (yesterday... didn't get it posted in time. woops.) you are officially a nine month old baby.

*sniff

Anyhow, you are doing so much these days! You really are one active little guy. You rarely sits still and are always on the go with things to do and toys to eat/play with. 

You are still army crawling, but man, you are fast! Sometimes you will get up on your knees and hands like you'll crawl, and you'll rock yourself back and forth a few times. But you always end up on your belly army crawling to where ever it is you want to go. 


We have started eating in the living room because you do not like to be still. I'll feed you your dinner and then Daddy and I will eat our dinner. Daddy makes barricades with the couch cushions and pillows and puts some of your toys on the floor, and then you just play while we eat dinner. 

You have started pulling up on things. At first it was mostly me you would pull up on and climb over, you think that is such a fun little game. While you are climbing over me you love to grab my hair and eat it. (It is not so much fun for me when you do that). The other day while we were eating dinner you decided to pull yourself up onto the cushionless couch. You stood there, turned around, made sure we saw you, and then your whole face lit up in a grin. You were very proud of yourself. 



You are still nursing a few times a day, but it's kind of sporadic and when ever you want. Typically you go 4-6 hours between nursing now, but it just depends. I don't mind, I just hope that this crazy nursing schedule doesn't affect my supply and we can make it to one year before you stop nursing. 

Meal time makes you happy. You are eating three meals a day, still mostly purees but some finger foods as well. You really like Mum Mums, but I think you are allergic to an ingredient in them because you had a little rash while you were eating them. I am trying to figure out what it is that you are allergic to because I would really like to give you your Mum Mums again. You also really like Gerber Lil' Crunchies. You eat those things like it is your job. But I think there is something you're allergic to in those as well, so I'm trying to figure it out. You have started eating little bits of banana, avocado, carrots, sweet potatoes, and peas. You especially love the peas. But your face lights up when I put the food on your tray at which point you grab the food and stuff it in your mouth. 


You are still wearing size 2 diapers and 6 month clothes are the perfect fit for you. You have pretty much out grown your 3 month clothes but are still wearing some 3-6 month clothes.

The teething fairy has been back to visit you and now you have your top two front teeth. Four teeth! holy. moly. Cutting those teeth was miserable, you were not a happy little guy (I can't say that I blame you though). Now when you grin I see tiny little pearly whites poking through. 



Nap time is awesome! You are a great napper. When you start getting fussy and tired we read a few stories and then I lay you down. You might talk for a little bit (rarely will you fuss or cry) and then you sleep like the sweetest little baby in the world. Your naps are typically 1-2 hours long. And you are starting to just take 2 naps instead of 3. 

Bedtime is a favorite time of day for you. Once you are tired, you want to sleep. now. You nurse before your bath and then you play for a little bit in the bathtub. This week you started bringing a toy with you into the tub, one day you got in with one of your socks... not sure how that happened. But you will not let these toys go!


Sleeping through the night is not one of your strong points. As in, you don't sleep through the night. I've come to accept that as a fact of life and tell myself there are few of these nights left where you want/need me to rock and nurse you. Recently though (since last week) you have been waking multiple times in the night. Oh, dear... 

Sometimes you act a little bit jealous of Girly, especially when I am feeding her you scoot over to me and then pull up on me and try to get in my lap where she is eat. It's kind of funny. As soon as she is done eating you go back to playing by yourself and only look over at me every once in a while. silly boy. 

You have started waving and it is too cute! You only wave when you want to, but are getting better about waving when Girly leaves in the afternoon or when you see Daddy or me. 

Changing your diaper is quite the challenge. You do not like to lay still for very long at all. Tis not good. I even give you a toy to occupy you, but it doesn't always work. 

Wednesday afternoon we have your nine month check up (with a new doctor, which makes me sad because your old doctor was seriously the best doctor ever) so we will see how much you are growing!

You bring so much joy into our lives, Emerson! I love being able to watch you learn and grow. You are such a happy baby and always have a grin to share. We are so blessed to be able to call you our own and raise you in our home. I love you even more today than I did the day you were born (I didn't think that was even possible!), you have worked your way deep into our hearts and are the best blessing we could ever imagine. I love our little family so very much! Thanks for making me your mama! I love you turkey!

Love, 
Mama

*note to self: take more pictures! :) new goal for this month: a picture a day (minimum! :) 

No comments: