Friday, November 15, 2013

5 on friday: lists, kisses, and books

1. It's Christmas Wish List making time around these parts. It took me far too long to figure out what Emerson needed/wanted for Christmas. We aren't going to get him too much for Christmas but the few things he does get I want to be special. So far this is what I'm thinking about getting for the boy... I'm excited about it.


2. My in-laws are coming to visit this weekend and I am sure that Emerson will be absolutely spoiled by the time the weekend is over. Not that he doesn't get lots of loving, they are grandparents and so they are naturally bananas about him :) 



3. I am planning on doing a little bit of baking this weekend. On the menu: berry and white chocolate chip scones for breakfast and apple cake for desert. Both are delicious and I will be sure to share the recipes with you all if you like :) 

4. I have been doing a little more reading lately it has been quite nice. I have enjoyed the mindless reading and being entertained through the words on the pages. It can be bad though because sometimes the book will make me not wash the dishes, do the laundry, or some other chore that is waiting for me. As always, I'm looking for new books to read and try, so if you have any suggestions please share! 


5. I LOVE going into stores this time of year and seeing all of the happy cozy Christmas goodies out and about, taunting and calling me. Like these little guys...  mean really, how do you resist? I don't know, but some how I've managed to hold out two whole times now. Crazy. I don't think that will power can last much longer though. 


Anyhoot. I hope you all have a cozy and warm weekend! 

Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

1 comment:

Rachel Lynn said...

1. Best toy ever.
2. My sister is coming for Thanksgiving and I'm super psyched. Family is the best.
3. OF COURSE you should share the recipes.
4. I'm with you. I have that same meme pinned. I just finished re-reading Frank Peretti's This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness. I love those ones! (if you haven't read them-you should)
5. Girl. Those. kisses. I definitely already polished off a bag of seasonal MINT M&Ms. Treats are always the muffin top of me. (like death, but obviously not as bad...)

Happy Weekend!
My Wholesome Home