Monday, November 18, 2013

a happy little weekend visit

This past weekend my in-laws came to visit us for a few days. They arrived on Friday evening, we ordered some pizza (a rarity in our house), enjoyed our meal together, and they loved on Emerson like they hadn't seen him in forever. That boy is loved I tell ya. 

It was a lazy little weekend, we mostly hung out around the house. Nothing really out of the ordinary I suppose, it was just nice to have the company of family for a few days. On Saturday afternoon Landon and I went out on a little lunch date while Emerson stayed home with his Grammy and Auntie M. After our date we came home and Grammy, Emerson, and I went out looking for a high chair. While we didn't find a high chair Emerson did manage to get a hold of some new pjs. He picked them out all by himself. Obviously, he had have them. Thanks, Grammy! I even washed them that day so he could wear them to be that night. That's how much he loved these jammies. 


While we didn't really have any big adventures, the time at home with family was so refreshing. It was nice to have company and conversation. It was nice to be able to do a little bit of baking by myself without having to keep on eye on my mobile little boy as he was playing happily with his grandparents and Auntie. It was nice to have my in-laws in our home, to share what little we do have with them.

Auntie M even let Emerson 'play' with her laptop. He looked so cute banging on the keyboard and trying to eat the screen. I die of his cuteness sometimes.


We all went out to dinner on Saturday and E was so well behaved. He played and was passed around until our food came and then he sat in the little high chair like such a big boy and munched on some Mum Mums, oh how he loves those things. I forgot my camera at home, but thankfully his Auntie had her iPhone and snapped a few pictures.


This was the first time he sat in a high chair at a restaurant. Goodness, he's growing up too fast.


We had a delightful little weekend and it makes me excited to spend more time with family over the next few months. Crazy to think that next week is Thanksgiving and E will be meeting some of his cousins and an Uncle for the first time!  


God has blessed me with a wonderful little family.


I hope you all had a happy weekend too.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Looks like a great weekend!! Stopping by to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award - check out my blog to learn more! http://lifeasmrswinstead.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-liebster-award.html

Lauren said...

so precious! I love weekends that are spent with family--even it's not anything exciting!

Jess Norden said...

What a cute family picture!!! High chair sitting...oh my! Life is about to get interesting!! :) Have a great week!

Rachel Lynn said...

Your little family is adorable! Your post made me anxious for my visiting family next week. I am so excited! I have to say that I love little adventures at home on the weekends. With my hubby and I working full time, we are more than happy to stay home together on our days off.

Happy Monday!

My Wholesome Home

Susannah said...

Awww... What a precious weekend with family! :-)