Monday, November 4, 2013

A recipe: Easy pumpkin cookies

A week or so ago I mentioned that I had made some pumpkin cookies. Today I am finally getting around to sharing the recipie. I have been making these cookies for years... long before the days of Pinterest; they are the best pumpkin cookies I have ever had. You are welcome. 


Pumpkin Cookies 
Ingredients: 
1 box spice cake mix
1 cup canned pumpkin 
1 egg
1/4 cup butter (melted) 
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup raisins (optional - I have never included raisins, though I'm sure it would be a tasty addition :)
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped) (optional - again, I have never included the walnuts, but I'm sure they would be delicious) 

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl combine all ingredients until well blended. Drop teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool. Frost with cream cheese icing, if desired. 


Obviously, there must be frosting when you make these little cookies (for me at least)... I mean, pumpkin and cream cheese just go together... So, here is the icing bit of this recipe (if you feel like making it yourself. You can always buy a can of icing at the store, it's always tasty and makes these cookies even quicker and less messy for you. However, I like to make my own so I'll share my recipe  :).


Cream Cheese Frosting:
Ingredients: 
1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tsp. vanilla
2-3 cups powdered sugar (depending on how much you want and the consistency you desire)

In large bowl beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth, light, and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat in until combined. Slowly add powdered sugar, a little it at a time, until it reaches desired spreading consistency.

Ice cooled cookies and enjoy... or just eat it straight out of the bowl (I may or may not do that...).


That's it! Super easy! Now go make you some. You will be sooo happy you did. Truth.

2 comments:

Heather Leigh @ Adifferent kind of woman said...

Oh my goodness! Must try these :)

Susannah said...

These sound so good!!! I'm going to have to make some! :-)