Monday, November 25, 2013

an addition and a big change

So, I have so big news to share. I am going to start watching another baby. A tiny baby to be more specific. His mama is going to be going back to work from her maternity leave in the next few weeks and he is going to be spending his days with me - and E and M. Three babies. One me. Yikes!


However, the spacing between the babies couldn't be more perfect, I think. With Emerson being ten months old, M five months, and now the new little guy, L, just a month and a half or so, there is about 4-5 months between each baby so I think that will make things a little easier, at least, I'm hoping it will.



I think the first days weeks month will be a bit of an adjustment, but I'm hoping that we will be able to get a good routine established sooner rather than later. Naturally I would take on another baby just as soon as I have a great routine established with the two babies...
One thing that I am grateful for with this baby is that he is also a teacher's baby, so he will have the same breaks as M and pretty much the same day to day schedule as well as far as drop off and pick up time goes. So that is something I'm very thankful for. It will be so nice that both babies will have the same schedule as Landon does, being on the school calendar and all.

 

It was an unexpected surprise to get another baby, but a blessing at the same time. M's mama told me the wife of another teacher at her school had just had a baby and they were looking for a sitter. She recommend me for the job with flying colors (or however that phrase goes), which is extremely flattering.



God has provided for us in more ways than we can count, so even though there will be a time of transition around these parts, I know He will give me the strength, energy, and patience with these sweet little babies.



5 comments:

Lauren said...

oh my goodness! congrats! But you are so much braver than me...I would be flipping out!

Elizabeth said...

hello adorable photos!

Susannah said...

Wow, what an awesome blessing!!! (though it might be crazy as well!) ;-) For a second I thought you were going to say you were pregnant again, though!!!

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

Wow, you will have your hands full! You are sounding a little bit like superwoman!

Rachel Lynn said...

Geez, just thinking about one baby daunts me, and you're taking on three! Good luck!

My Wholesome Home