Friday, November 22, 2013

Five on Friday ... jeans, Christmas, and a treasure hunt

one. Last week I mentioned to present we were thinking about getting E for Christmas, but yesterday when E and I were doing our weekly shopping trip we strolled down the toy isle. I found the little toy and he didn't seem too impressed with it, he did however like a little popper toy, so, I might just let him pick out which toy he wants this year. Heck, it'll make my job of deciding much easier! 

two. The unthinkable has happened, my pants are too big for me. So not only have I managed to loose all the baby weight, I have also somehow managed to go down a size. What?!? I don't even know how that is possible, I didn't even realize it was possible. But it has happened somehow. I think the fact that I lug two 14+ pound babies up and down three flights of stairs at least twenty times a day might have something to do with it. I'm just amazed and am really wanting to get a proper fitting pair of jeans. Though, I'm trying to hold out till Christmas...


three. I have started decorating for Christmas. The way I figured it 1) it gets dark here before 5. I needed some cheer and cozy. 2) we will be traveling for Thanksgiving so it will be nice to come home to a pretty and decorated house. 3) thanksgiving is so late in November that we will hardly have any time to enjoy our tree since we will be traveling around Christmas too.


four. I am so looking forward to date night (homemade pizza and a movie) tonight. Last weekend my in-laws came in to visit so we didn't get to have our little home date. Though we did have a real date I missed our little tradition. 

five. While my mother-in-law was here last weekend she hid a little present for us to find and she has been sending me texts every morning with little clues to help us find where it is hidden. I have so enjoyed getting her texts each morning and trying to figure out where it is hidden (I want to know what it is!). Here are the clues, maybe one of you will be a genius and help us find it: 
1. everybody needs this
2. Emerson is still pretty small for it
3. everyone doesn't use it
4. Emerson might enjoy it more than some people but not for the right reason
5. it sits with others
6. sometimes the bottom and back are where the treasures are found
ok, go! Give me all your ideas! :)

I hope you all have a happy weekend! Be Cozy!



Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG



4 comments:

Lauren said...

how fun that you are on your own little present treasure hunt!

We are decorating our tree tomorrow---all the Christmas is coming down and I'm a little giddy about it!

Elise @ Cheers Yall said...

yayay for the christmas decorations! hope your weekend is off to a great start!! xx

Rachel Lynn said...

Well.... I have no clue on your clues. I'm terrible with those types of things. But CONGRATS on the new jeans. I just started fitting back into my smaller jeans and it's got me smiling every time I put them on.

My Wholesome Home

Susannah said...

Those clues are the worst!!! (but only because I can't figure it out!) ;-) And conrats on losing so much weight girlie!!! :-)