Wednesday, November 6, 2013

the pumpkin patch


One of my favorite things to do in the Fall is to go to the pumpkin patch. There is something fun about tromping around a field full of pumpkins looking for your perfect one. This year we had to wait a little longer than we have in the past, but we finally made it to the pumpkin patch. 

The pickin's were slim. It was really rather pathetic I thought. Nearly every pumpkin was rotting or full of bugs. 


We walked to the end of the field looking for the perfect pumpkin, or at least one that was still in semi-good shape. And then we walked around some more. I think the guys found particular joy in this task. 


The perfect little pumpkin.



Our loot.
 

my snuggle baby.



First family visit to the pumpkin patch.



I think the lion in this picture is particularly adorable. I mean, look at those little hands!



Good pumpkin. Good friends. Perfect Fall afternoon.


1 comment:

Susannah said...

Look like fun - even with the horrible pumpkin selection. :-)