Saturday, December 21, 2013

Emerson: 11 months

Emerson,

You are 11 months old today! How did this happen?! How on earth do I only have you as my little baby for one more month before you are all grown up and a toddler?! I have loved spending my days watching you learn and grow. You are definitely no longer my squish little cuddle bug, though at bed time you usually let me sneak in a few cuddles and oh, how my heart loves and cherishes those moments. 


You have such personality and really are your own little person, I love it! This past month you really started crusing. You love to pull yourself up onto anything that you can: the couch, coffee table, the ottoman and rocker in your room. Sometimes you will even let go and stand all by yourself for a few seconds! 


Playing hide and seek/peek a boo is one of your favorite games. I crawl over and "hide" behind the ottoman in your room and you giggle and squeal and dart over, crawl on top of me, and pat my back all while giggling your adorable laugh. 

Helping me fix dinner has become another favorite thing for you. You love playing in the pantry while I fix dinner. Measuring cups, spatulas, teaspoons, cookie sheets... anything and everything you can get your hands on you love to play with and, of course, eat. Though, you do keep me on my toes as you are quick and sometimes make your way to a side of the room that's not altogether a good place for you to play. 


The other night you saw an empty chair in the kitchen that wasn't pushed into the table and you decided  to move it, so you pushed the chair all across the kitchen floor! You have started moving the laundry baskets around too, you just got behind one, stood up, and started pushing it around. Don't start walking too soon, ok? Though, I'm sure you're not far from it! 

You have been doing a pretty good job of sleeping through the night, thank you! Typically you will go to bed around 7-7:30 and sleep until 6:30 (though this week you have decided to start waking up even earlier, 5:38 is a little too early for my liking, and for you for that matter. On the bright side you are sleeping through the night...). So, yay for you, keep it up, buddy! 


You have six teeth, two on bottom and four on top. I feel like you might be starting to cut another tooth, you have been drooling a lot lately and pulling at your ears (we thought it might be an ear infection, thankfully it's not, but we took you to the doctor just to make sure) the doctor said that could be a sign of teething... or it could just be nothing.

Your days are spent with your buddy M, you absolutely love playing with her and she loves you just as much. You guys just smile and giggle at each other. You really like trying to snatch her paci from her and try to get it in your mouth before I catch you. You know it's not yours and that you aren't supposed to, and you make sure that I see you. You'll have her paci dangerously close to your mouth and I'll say, "No! That's not your paci!" and you go into fits of laughter, like that is the funniest thing ever. Silly boy. Sometimes (unfortunately) you are successful and actually get her paci in your mouth before I can stop you. She has started retaliating though, so you better watch out!


Meal time is quite the event around these parts. You enjoy eating and let me know if you want/need something else or more of something. You have started doing a pretty good job of drinking from your sippy cup by yourself, it's easier if it's really full so I try and keep it full for you so you don't have to tip it so much. But you are getting better! For the most part you eat fruits and veggies with some whole grin bread, Cherrios, and a few other things (like Mum Mums, Lil' Crunchies, Puffs...) here and there. Cheese is by far your favorite food! You can't seem to get enough of it and you get so excited (and a little impatient) when you see me get it out of the fridge.


The other day you tried spaghetti with tomato sauce for the first time and seemed to enjoy it just fine, however shortly after lunch I noticed your face started to swell and get a little puffy. I called the doctor right away and gave you some Benadryl, which helped a lot, thank the Lord! What a scare! Needless to say, you won't be having tomatoes again any time soon. Sorry.

Changing your diaper has become a battle. You do not like to lay down and be still for very long at all. As soon as I get your diaper off of you, you start to roll over/sit up/stand up, anything really but be still long enough for me to change you.


You are starting to throw little fits occasionally, and I have to say, I'm not a fan. Though, I try and see things from your perspective. I'm sure it would be very upsetting if I had to play all day and occasionally nap and have my diaper changed. I guess this is when we really are going to have to start disciplining you, not something I am looking forward to.

Bath time is an absolute favorite of yours. You will crawl into the bathroom and go straight for the tub. Then you like to stand up and pat the top of the tub, when I turn the water on you kind of jump/dance a little bit. And your clothes can't come off fast enough, you have even started helping me undress you for your bath.
 

Just a week ago you moved into size 3 diapers, you are still wearing size 6 month clothes for the most part. The 9 month sleepers are just still too big on you, but you wear a few 9 month clothes every once in a while. You weigh about 18 pounds. I just can't believe how big you are getting!

You take two naps a day, your first one is usually in the mornings between 9 and 10 and then you usually go down for your afternoon nap between 2 and 2:30. You'll sleep anywhere from 35 minutes to two hours. Though typically your naps are a little over one hour long. I love your longer naps!


Reading/eating books is one of your favorite things (and I'm noticing you have a lot of favorites, though you do LOVE books!). You love to pull them (all) off of your shelf and then pick through and find which ones you want to read.

We are still nursing, right now it is three times a day: in the morning when you wake up, after you wake up from your afternoon nap, and before you go to bed. My goal has been to make it to 12 months with you nursing, we are so close. Though, I know I will need to wean you off of your afternoon feeding soon, I should try to this weekend, but with Christmas coming up and being so busy around family I want to continue to have and cherish those alone times with you as much as possible, so we might just wait until after Christmas.


Every day with you is new and exciting and brings so much joy. You are the light of my life and I love you more than you can know. Seeing you grow and learn, explore and play brings me so much pleasure. You are a treasure and a perfect gift from God. Everyday I thank God for blessing us with you and I pray that you will grow up knowing, loving, and severing our glorious Lord.

You are my sugar pie, my sweet little gooseberry. I love you to the stars and beyond. Thanks for making me your momma.

Love,
Momma












No comments: