Monday, December 16, 2013

a snowy weekend

It snowed, a lot, this past weekend. I loved it. There is something so calming and cozy about looking out your window and watching the white flakes silently flutter to the ground. I was so excited to look out the window and see a blanket of white snow and see even more falling. It was also so nice because I knew I could stay inside and enjoy my warm home and smile at the cold outside.

At least, that was the plan. But then on Friday night the hubs called me and told me the bus was late/not coming/he missed it and needed me to come pick him up. So I bundled up the baby (and myself) and out we went. It may have taken me double the time it usually does to go pick him up, but I had precious cargo and was in no hurry.

Apart for that one little adventure in the snow (which by the way, why is it that snow is less enjoyable if you have to drive in it? or is that just me?) I stayed in and enjoyed the weekend with my boys.


However, because of the snow my baking day with my friend had to be postponed. 

On the bright side, I cleaned my house up (a bit) and I got to of make a few little gifts for some friends (but I can't really share more on that right now, because some of you might be one of the friends getting said gift :). Maybe after Christmas I'll share more about those gifts. 

All in all it was quite lovely and I loved spending the days with my little family. 

4 comments:

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Snow is definitely more enjoyable when you can sit inside your warm house and watch it fall. Not as much fun when you have to drive in it though! Looks like you had a good day with your boys :)

Susannah said...

Awww... I would love snow like that! (As long as I didn't have to drive in it) I'm jealous!

Chelsea Phelps said...

Love that you got to enjoy some snow! I am still wearing shorts in Texas, as crazy as that is!

XOXO
Chelsea
http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

I'm so thankful I don't live in Vermont anymore and have to deal with that snow! Precious cargo is so right! How has work been going? Super busy I'm sure!