Monday, January 6, 2014

a snow storm and a cozy little monday

Today I was given a wonderful gift: another day of staying home with just my little pookie, hubs, and pup.

You see, yesterday I experienced my first winter storm, and I loved it, mostly because I was inside a warm home and baked some cookies while the snow billowed in. From before the sun was up to after the setting in the evening, the snow rolled in and flurried all around, and before we knew it the ground was covered (well, mostly, there are crazy drifts because of the strong wind so there are some patches with not so much snow and some with tons of snow). Because of the snow storm, and extreme temperatures school was canceled for today (fingers crossed for tomorrow?) and I didn't have to babysit. Thank you, Jesus! I so much enjoy these days with just my babe.


This morning I woke up and found ice (!) on the inside part of our windows. Crazy cold. The temperature was -18 but the real feel was -50! holy. cow. I have never experienced temperatures this low. It is freezing here. No, it is far below freezing here! Our poor little pup had to go outside to potty and he about froze. Literally (and I'm not one of those people to throw that word around lightly. his fur was covered in snow and ice, his little body was stiff, and he could barely walk, let alone hop up the step to get inside!) golly, it's crazy cold. Again, I am so thankful for our warm and cozy little house. 


Anyhow. I don't know what the weather's like for you, but I hope you are staying warm, dry, and cozy where ever you are! Happy Monday! I know I will enjoy staying warm with my boys today.



3 comments:

Lauren said...

These temperatures are crazy! It was -7 here this morning with almost -30 windchills! Glad you are able to stay home and enjoy the warmth!

Rachel Lynn said...

I don't know that I want THAT cold of weather, but I do miss a real winter. Here in the SW it's low 60s. Glad you're having a good start to your week!

My Wholesome Home

Susannah said...

I would love a day (or week) of having to stay inside! :-) I'm glad you were able to enjoy it with your little man!