Friday, January 10, 2014

five things ... lots of snow and lots of babies

one. This was my first week back to work, and man are those babies keeping me busy! Thankfully I was given the wonderful gift of two snow days this week so I only had to have the babies three days. Two days on my own. One day with my amazing hubs to help a little if I needed him. I was happy to have his help :) I am writing this right now as my own babe naps the afternoon away (hopefully) and am ever so thankful for the peace and quiet the afternoon brings. 

two. For all of five whole minutes today I had all of the babies sleeping at the same time. You should be amazed. It really is quiet the feat. Really. Three babies. Three completely different schedules. All sleeping at. the. same. time. I just wanted to sit on the couch and listen to the beautiful sound of silence. And maybe take a nap of my own. And then the momma and daddy came to pick up their babies, so the silence continues. This whole afternoon has been a delightful gift. whew. those munchkins wear me out. 

Three. It has snowed so much this week and it just makes my heart happy. I love watching the flurry of white flakes soundlessly fall to the ground. Something about it calms my soul. 


four. I have been having lots of fun playing with my new Christmas gift! The learning and practicing has only just begun! My hope is that I can figure out how to take some great pictures. I have always loved taking pictures, now I feel like I can finally get started on actually becoming a (hopefully good) photographer. Thankfully I have a pretty darn cute little model to practice on. Photography tips are most welcome!


five. More snow. It was practically like a blizzard one day and the wind created a nice little pile of snow right by our front door. And also decorated our wreath. I'm glad we have a warm home to stay cozy in! 


Hopefully you all have had a lovely week. Enjoy your weekend! Stay warm and cozy! 

You can link up here if you want to share your own five on friday :) 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

enjoy your new camera....I spy Snuggle Puppy! One of our favorite books!