Thursday, February 20, 2014

a question for those with fancy smart/iphones

More and more these days I am feeling like a lone soul when it comes to the device I use to call people. It's a simple little cell phone, one that does what I need it to: call and text people. It can take a picture but it's not the type of phone to use to do lots of picture taking on, like say, an iPhone. But, the phone works. It's all the hubby and I need right now and it's the cheapest deal we can find. And we are cheap, so it's perfect. In fact, I really like this little phone of mine and am sad because I am probably going to have to replace it soon since it's kind of on the fritz.


Sometimes though, I can't help but dream about the day when hubby will have a real job again and I will probably too when we can afford smart phones. In reality, by the time he has a real job again and if I should go back to teaching, smart phones will probably be the only phones offered any more. Unless you want a simple phone that doesn't even have a little keyboard to make texting easier. It's something we joke about in this house.

I had this phone once and I liked it a lot, but it wasn't great for texting...

For years I have seen friends and family with iPhones and I always think of how nice it would be to have one. What is it about them that is so appealing to me (and millions of others)?



Anyhow, like I said, we don't have iPhones, but in the recent past we have been gifted an iPad and an iPod for Landon. We have enjoyed these two i-things very much; especially when Landon traveled for work, which allowed us to facetime. Shortly after Emerson was born one of my sister's practically begged me to get instagram and post a picture every day of him (I don't always get a picture up, but I try!). And since then I have taken oodles of pictures on our iPad. It might be one of my favorite things about it, the picture taking capability.    

Here's where I have a question though, and I'm really hoping you all can help me out. What do you do with all of the pictures on your iphone (other i-device)? Eventually you will max out on your storage space, but of course you want to continue taking pictures on your iPhone. So, what do you do? Do you just delete them all (whaaa?) or save them to your computer and then delete them? Or upload them to Shutterfly and then delete them? Or all of the above? Or something else entirely? That I can do for free. I want to make sure to always have the videos and pictures I have taken on our iPad, but how do I do that? Goodness, those videos are some of the only ones I have of E, I can't loose those! So how do you make sure you can keep all of your precious iPhone pictures but not run out of storage? Does this make any sense? I hope so. And I'd really appreciate your thoughts and wisdom on the matter.

Ok, thanks! :) 

4 comments:

Rachel Lynn said...

I don't have an ipad, but for my iphone, I plug it into my computer and it will ask me if I trust the computer (my phone that is). it pops up as folders same as a harddrive would and I copy them all to my computer. I have my pics organized by year and month and sort them accordingly, then yes, I delete them (from the folder on my computer because its WAY faster) unless it's one I'd like to keep for maybe a background image.

hope that helps!

My Wholesome Home

Sarah said...

I save all my iPhone photos and videos onto our computer. It's so nice having a phone that takes great photos and it's always with me to capture those moments.

Whitney said...

I save them to my computer as well. my iPhone is all I use to take pictures these days...its just so convenient!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I'm totally with you on the phone thing. We just have regular phones that call and text since the plans are much cheaper. I'd love to have an iPhone, but I can't justify the extra cost right now. They are so very appealing, though!