Friday, February 28, 2014

just some stuff. five on friday

one.
Three days this week I got all there babies to take their morning nap at the same time. It. was. glorious. And I kind of felt like a baby whisperer or something. I praise Jesus each time it happens (and for hours after) and pray that it will happen again and again ... and again :)
 
I'm pretty sure I need this. source
 

two. 
Every night after dinner I have to have a cookie (or five). I can't help it. They are just so dang delicious. And after lunch I have to end it with a tiny little sweet, like a Kiss or something. Just one is usually enough. But I have to have that little sweet. Please tell me I'm not the only one?
 
these look so yummy! source

 
 
three.
Landon got a new laptop for his school/work job. He has an old desktop in his office at school, but since he TAs three days a week he needed to be able to take a computer with him. His advisor gave him the okay and some funds so he bought one the other week. The best part about this is that he only needs it at school a few days a week so the other days he leaves it at home for me to use. This is particularly nice because our desktop is dying and isreally quite retarded most days. Super slow. Randomly shuts off. Freezes. .... Last night I tried to upload some pictures and it kept freezing. Five times. We really need a new one since it's all I have to use, but until that day comes I am quite enjoying the days I get to use his fancy new laptop :)  Like today. The only downside: I can't upload pictures to it. Yet. We're still deciding if I should or not.
 
 
four.
I am ready for Spring. Winter is nice and all: snow is pretty and peaceful to watch falling from inside your cozy home and there is a cozy feeling to being all bundled up. But, I am ready to see little green and pink and purple buds on the tree branches, not have to spend an hour getting Emerson's coat on him just to get him inside of a store to then promptly take it off, go on walks in the afternoons, get out of the house, and sunshine. 
 
source
 
 
five.
I have been reading "The Book Thief". One of my good friends recommended it a while ago, but I was keeping busy with either work or learning how to be a new mama that I never made the time to read it. But, I got it the other day from the library and am loving it. Every single page. So much so that I am considering buying it. It's that good. I haven't finished yet, so don't give me any spoilers if you have read it.   
 

 
I hope you all have a happy weekend welcoming March!
 
 
link up here!
 

7 comments:

Sam I Am said...

I loved The Book Thief! It's one of the best that I've read in a while. And I understand needing something a little sweet after meals, too. :)

kelseylynae said...

I'm ready for nicer weather too so we can get outside and play! They are calling for like 6-9 inches of snow here this weekend, but I'm hoping it's just the end of winter saying "good bye".

And I'm SO glad you picked up The Book Thief. I actually found it at a thrift store for 50 cents!! [Who would give that book up!?! Unless they just wanted to share the magic?] But seriously, that book made me want to write, and it also made me want to never write again because there is no way I could ever write anything so beautiful. I seriously wanted to carry it around with me when i was done, just to keep the words close to me. I have another friend reading it right now, which excites me…I love passing on good literature! I've read it twice…and it will possibly have to make it into my yearly rotation :)

Whitney said...

You are not alone!! I always have dessert after dinner! After lunch, I usually just try to chew some gum to distract myself haha. Happy weekend :)

Lauren said...

I always have to have a little something sweet after dinner...and berry or piece of fruit just doesn't cut it!

I think I'm going to have to stick it out with the Book Thief, I got kind of confused just after glancing at the first page...but as another winter storms appears this weekend, I may have to give it a go!

Stephanie said...

I have desert every night! And speaking of spring, move to texas...it was 80 here today!

Amy said...

Love that sign! You go girl!

There's nothing wrong with a cookie or two or three. :)

Christina Schergen said...

haha love that sign! and also…I am over winter and snow and soooooooooooo ready for warmth and sunshine!