Monday, March 17, 2014

a little sunny weekend


This weekend the sunshine decided to come out for a bit and the wind thought he would stop blowing so much so we were able to go for a little stroll and even stop at the park for a bit. Walks and little visits to the park make my heart happy. There is something about being cooped up in your house all day every day that just gets to you. Sure I can load the little pookie up and we can go to Target for some fun and just to get out, but that doesn't and can't happen every day. Currently, neither can walks, but I loves the days when walks happen.
 
I was so thankful for a few hours of sunshine and soft breezes and a park in our neighborhood. It really is one of my favorite things about living here. Landon didn't have too much going on this weekend so he came with us and we walked about and chatted about life. I'm so thankful I have my best friend here with me.
 


When we got to the park we decided to stop and play for a bit. Landon got Emerson out of his stroller and walked around for a bit then sat him down. Emerson must have been sleepy or just amazed at his new surroundings because he just sat on the little crocodile for the longest time.

 
It was so cute just watching E sit and watch a few other kids play and look around at the playground.








The rest of the weekend we hung around the house and did a little of this and that. On Sunday after church we went to meet a guy that Landon knows from work and his family. We watched the UK game (well, I kind of watched some of it, when I wasn't chasing E around) and had a laid back dinner and evening. My favorite kind.

Next weekend will be a lot more busy for us, which is rare, so I know it will be nice but at the same time I am already a little apprehensive about it and I need to start praying that everything will be good.

Happy Monday you all!


3 comments:

Alisha said...

Such sweet pictures! What a great way to spend a weekend! I can't wait until it warms up in MN to go outside for a bit and play at the park.

Loving the hat!! So precious!

Amy said...

What a fun weekend! Impatiently waiting the arrival of Spring here in WI. Every time we drive past a park, Cash asks to "go pay". Crossing our fingers & toes that it's soon!

Lauren said...

what fun pics! the sun is shining today & i think Spring might have finally sprung around here! I AM SOOOO REAADY!!!!!