Friday, March 14, 2014

five on friday ... strawberries and spring break

one
This week has seemed unusually long and I am thankful Friday is here. Even though my weekends are fairly similar to my weekdays it's nice to have a break from babysitting and just enjoy playing with my little munchkin.

two
Last night I made a very detailed list of what I need to get at the grocery store when I go out shopping. I even used the store add to see what was on sale... and guess what? Strawberries are still 5 for $5! snap. So, we will continue enjoying the tasty little red berries :)



three
The hubs is having a birthday in a week. We don't typically do anything big for birthdays but it will be fun to celebrate just the same. He has already picked out the meal and the type of cake he wants for his birthday. I like any excuse to make some yummy treats so it will be fun to make them to celebrate him!
 
four
St. Patrick's Day is on Monday! This is such a fun little holiday. We never really do anything at all for it, but I am considering making green pancakes. It would be oh so festive. Growing up we always had corned beef and cabbage for dinner, I think many people do, but we will not be having that for dinner here. The hubs is a little bit picky (although, his taste buds are expanding, thank goodness!) and sadly that is one thing he will not eat. shame really, it's delightfully tasty.
 
source
 
five
Spring Break is almost here! I am so very excited. It is one reason I am very thankful that I only babysit teacher's kids. That way I get the luxury of a teacher's schedule and breaks. It is wonderful. And this year the public schools are out at the same time as the university (maybe it is every year, but this is the first year we have been here and the first time I've known public schools and universities to be on break at the same time). We are planning on making a little trip to see Landon's family and a few friends for a few days. We are hoping this trip will go better than our Christmas trip (i.e. that Emerson will actually sleep at night and for naps!). Hopefully the rest of the break will be a break... and I'll get to do some deep and much needed cleaning around the house.
 
 
You can link up here to join in if you like.


6 comments:

Kelli Gilbert said...

those strawberries look SO good! and wahooo for spring break!!! I cannot wait!

Susannah said...

I don't like you and your 5 for $5 strawberries. ;-)

Alisha said...

5 for $5.00 for strawberries?!?!?! That is amazing!! So jealous!

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

Spring break sounds exciting! Enjoy your weekend!

Tiffany @ This Whole House said...

I cannot wait until strawberry season in these parts and yayyyyyy for spring break!! Happy Friday! :) :)

Mason's Mama said...

Those strawberries look amazing!! Happy Birthday to your hubs!! We don’t really celebrate St Patrick’s Day, either. But Mason was excited to wear green to school today. And he picked out a green car to take, too! Ha.