Monday, March 31, 2014

hello again

Where did last week go?! I feel like the days just slipped through my fingers and the week was over before I knew it. Last week I had my Spring break week all planned and was looking forward to seeing some family and some down time at home with just me and my little guy. I think I shared my little plans with you, but then, there was a sudden change of plans. One of my sisters wanted to come in for a little visit! Of course I was more than excited when she asked if she could come and we changed some of the plans we had made.

Instead of leaving Saturday morning like we had thought, we stayed home and welcomed my sister and her kids later that evening. Then we all headed out the next morning. My little family went to visit my in-laws and my sister went to visit my other sister in Ohio. We stayed for a few days visiting Landon's family and then we came back home where we would spend some time with my sister and her kids. 


E has constant attention when we visit family! 

One especially nice surprise was that my sisters and I all got together one afternoon and went to the Children's Museum in Cincinnati... it was the first time all of our kiddos had been together since Emerson was born. It was such a nice afternoon and I loved spending those few precious hours with my sisters. I wish it could happen more often.




The rest of our time in Kentucky we just hung out around the house and visited a few friends. It was a nice little visit, but we were glad to be home at the end of it -Emerson never sleeps well when we travel so it made for somewhat sleepless nights. He usually went down in his pack n play at bed time, then would wake up around 11 or 12 and refuse to go back down. Landon and I would sleep on the couch each night in hopes that being in a different room would help him sleep through the night. But, in the end he slept with me in the bed and Landon slept on the couch. ha. But hey, it worked. The baby slept, the hubs slept, and I got to sleep as better than if the baby was crying all night long (but I just can't sleep that well when I am sharing a bed with E because I'm fearful of him rolling off or me squishing him or something).


Anyhow. The rest of the week my sister and I hung out and the kids played. It had been since Thanksgiving since we last saw each other, so it was a really nice surprise and treat for her to come visit.



So while my original plans for Spring Break didn't go as I thought, I ended up having an even better one. Which happened to keep me busier than I thought so I just enjoyed myself, time with family, and didn't blog at all (which you probably noticed if you read this ol' blog :). 


I will be back at it again this week though... hopefully! If the babies behave that is :) I hope you all had a great week, I am looking forward to doing a little catch up reading on your blogs! 



2 comments:

Alisha said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! E is so sweet!

Rachel Lynn said...

Yeah! It's always fun to see family.