Friday, March 7, 2014

rambles... five on friday

Since I have done such a great job at blogging this week (hu-humm... or not) I thought I'd end on an especially great note: with a bunch or random things. But, since it's Friday I'm just going to allow it.

one.
Sometimes I miss being in the classroom: talking with my kids, reading, writing, planning, and getting them thinking. But at the same time I'm not sure if I miss it enough to want to go back any time soon.

two.
Emerson is being sporadic with his naps lately. He took one one hour nap yesterday and that was it. Typically he takes two and will nap for about 3-5 hours. Today he's not taking his afternoon nap. Yet. A few days ago he took super long morning and afternoon naps. And some afternoons he will nap... but he wants to nap while I hold him [which I really don't mind, he's the best cuddle bug]. I just don't know what's going on with that sweet boy. Does he only need one nap? Then why does he sometimes take such long naps? or none at all?

three.
I hate dusting, it is my least favorite chore. It's not so bad, but every night when I lay in bed I look up and see our ceiling fan piled high in dust. It's pretty gross and pathetic. But even still, I just lay there and think about how I should  dust it and don't actually do anything about it.

source

four.
Shopping can be stressful sometimes. I like to get the most bang I can for my buck, which means I have to watch sales, deals, and coupons. But, I'm not the greatest about doing that and so it just makes for a stressful time all around. Take for example diapers. You need them. But, where can I get the best deal? Use the most coupons? Get free shipping if I order them? What is the cheapest route in the long run? so many choices... help.

five.
I am working on something that I am so very excited about and I cannot wait to tell you all more about it... hopefully soon! This project makes my heart so happy and I have great hopes for it! But, for now, that's all I'm going to say about that.

......

and that's all I've got for today. I hope you all have a delightful and hopefully Springy weekend!


link up here :)


6 comments:

Lauren said...

Ughh...sporadic naps can be the worst! I would honestly say he's just going through a phase...don't you hate it when people say that...while some other momma's might not agree, Elyse took two good naps until she was 20 months! And I cherished every one of those moments!

Is he in a developmental transition? It may be that he's just struggling to stay asleep because his brain is learning & changing so much!

Sarah said...

Dusting is the worst chore of them all!!

Hope you get some decent sleep with Emerson soon!

Rachel Lynn said...

Cloth diapers! That's what we're planning on doing. You spend a little more upfront (I'm looking at about $400-although I registered for them so hopefully not that much), but you save a TON in that depending on what you get, they last till potty training and that's all you spend. Even with the extra laundry (water costs), you still spend less. Just a thought :)

Kelsea said...

Can I just say....I am so jealous that you got to enjoy a 3-5 hour nap session throughout the day! My little guy changed to one nap SUPER early and only sleeps maybe an hour. The transition to one nap is hard, I know! Maybe he'll get back into a routine and at least sleep awhile for his one nap!

And I feel you on stressful shopping. I try to be frugal too, and it's a big job searching out coupons, feeling guilty for paying full price, and staying up on sales, etc! You're not alone!

Elise @ Cheers Yall said...

I totally have declared tomorrow deep clean day. Much to my dismay. Thanks for the reminder to clean the dust buildup on the fans...sigh! ;)
xx

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

Those were the signs for Aislynn when she was switching to just one nap which most kids do at this age. It's the worst when they take that morning nap but no afternoon and you end up with a cranky baby!