Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter Craft for Babies [and Toddlers]

One thing I always enjoy doing around the holidays is a little craft with the babies. We had fun making little art projects for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and St. Patrick's Day so there was no way I was going to leave Easter out.


I thought of a few ideas and knew I wanted to make bunnies with the littles. I also knew I would like to use their hands... for some reason hands are easier than feet [maybe because they can't kick?]. After a little bit of browsing the internet and Pinterest I had an even better idea for what I was going to do -or at least what it might look like.


If you're looking for a fun, cute, and easy craft to do with your little one for Easter I suggest this one!

Here's what you'll need:
white non-toxic washable paint [*all of the paint you use should be non-toxic and washable]
pink paint [or if you have red already just mix it with white]
black paint [optional]
markers
a light/pastel colored piece of card stock paper [blue, green, purple, pink... not yellow or cream]
a paper plate for the paint
wipes or wet washcloth
napkin or paint brush
cotton ball
glue or tape


Directions: 
[*note: I find that sitting older babies/toddlers in a high chair works the best for everyone involved ;]
squirt a dab of white paint onto the paper plate
have a wet rag/wipes nearby
roll the little one's shirt sleeve up [if s/he is wearing long sleeves] on both arms
paint one hand white using the napkin/paintbrush
hold painted hand up and away from anything else
place paper on table or tray in front of the little
make a 'V' with their four fingers [kind of like Spock or one of those Star Trek characters always did] and press painted hand onto the paper
press their hand onto the paper for a few seconds to make sure it leaves a good print
lift their hand directly up and move the painted paper out of their reach
wipe their hands [and yours]
using the pink paint dab on a nose and some pink to the ears
after the paint dries draw with markers or use paint to add whiskers and eyes
glue or tape on the cotton ball for a tail where the thumb is



Have fun crafting with your little one! It's a super simple and adorable craft!




2 comments:

Amy said...

We made those yesterday! Adorable!

I'm the complete opposite. I think feet are way easier than the hands. lol! However, as Cash has gotten older he's been better with his hands when I paint them. :)

Handprint/footprint are my favorite types of projects!

Charlotte said...

Adorable!