Friday, April 11, 2014

five on friday ... fellowships and a farewell

1. I have to brag on my hubs for a little bit today. Yesterday we found out that he was awarded a the National Defense Science & Engineering Graduate Fellowship! This might not sound like a big deal to you, but trust me, it is! Each year about 3,000 applications are submitted and of those 3,000 about 200 fellowships are awarded. Of those 200 fellowships only about 3 are given to a civil engineering student (which is what the hubs is studying). And he got one! Wow and Wow! I am so very proud of my man! He is such a hard worker and he has been putting so much effort and time into his school this year ... and to applying to external fellowships. He got one! Praise the Lord! We are so thankful for this huge blessing!  

2. This means that now he has more funding for his PhD program and I don't have to watch another baby! Praise Jesus! Again, I am so proud of my hard working hubs and ever so grateful to the Lord for blessing us with the news of this Fellowship ... and the fact that it means two babies is okay!


3. As a celebration of the exciting news we went out to dinner last night (something we never do). We had some money on a gift card so we headed over to Longhorn and enjoyed a meal out. Even Emerson was loving the change of scenery and enjoyed our time out (though silly me, I forgot to document this momentous occasion and left my camera at home!).

4. Today is my last day of baby-sitting Toad. It has been good watching him over the last few months, but at the same time it is a relief that my time with him has come to an end. Keeping up with three babies all within nine months of each other is just a tad exhausting. I'm excited that now I will really just get to focus on two sweet munchkins. It will be fun planning and doing little toddler activities with them this next month, but especially in the fall.


5. God's Timing. It's perfect. And this week I was reminded of that fact, again. When I found out Toad was leaving and that I would have to find another baby to watch I about lost it. For several reasons, but mostly it boiled down to the stress of watching three babies. God is gracious and good and I'm sure he is shaking his head at the fact that I question him. I'm just glad he loves me despite of that.



link up with Darci here



8 comments:

Alisha said...

That is such wonderful news for your family, you must be so excited for your husband! What a blessing, sweet friend.

Molly said...

Congrats to your family and your husband! What exciting news!

sara {rhapsody and chaos} said...

Congratulations to your husband -- and you :)

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

Woohoo for only two babies. Hopefully this can bring some much needed peace to your days!

Amy said...

Congratulations to your family & husband! How wonderful!

Courtney B said...

Oh my goodness, a huge congratulations to your hubs!!! That is amazing! And definitely a relief to you :) I'm sooooo happy for you guys!

Laura said...

This is such an exciting thing for your family! Congrats to your hubby! God's timing is always perfect, even when it's frustrating. :)

kelseylynae said...

Great job, Landon! I'm honestly not surprised :) And happy that this means you get to just have E and one other baby. That will make days much simpler.