Friday, April 4, 2014

five on friday ... rain, showers, and dresses

Even though all of my days are pretty much the same, I still love Fridays the most. There is something so refreshing and exciting about knowing that it is Friday. And because it is Friday I thought I'd link up again for some sharing.

one. I love the rain. I especially love falling asleep to the sound of rain pattering on the roof. Waking up on a rainy day is even better - especially when you know you can stay in your nice warm bed and read a good book. This morning I woke up to a rainstorm, and even though I knew I couldn't curl up in bed (or on the couch) with a book and tea or coffee, my heart did a little dance. It was raining. 

Maybe it's because I spent several years of my childhood in the rainy area of Seattle. Or maybe it's because growing up in PNG every day during the rainy season (which was half the year) I would hear the rain dancing on our tin roof as I fell asleep and woke in the mornings. Or maybe it's because my years in Thailand the rain would come and be a sweet relief from the hot sticky days. Whatever the reason, I love rainy days. There is something so calming and sweet about them to me. Something cozy.
 
 

two. There are times during that day that I have free time (thank you nap time!) and I could use my time in many different ways. I could choose to be super productive and clean, tidy up, do laundry, organize things, make our basement less messy... Or I could be less productive and read, write, drink some coffee, and dream dreams. Maybe it's bad... but I usually choose the latter. Is that bad? Maybe. But I've kind of come to not really care. I look around my house and think, "eh, it's clean enough. It's good enough." And since the hubs never says anything about it I continue to choose the less productive route. It's not like we live in a pigsty. The dishes are washed and the house it fairly tidy and clean. So I say, "eh. I'll do what I like..." and I do. And now I feel like a lazy person and like I should go scrub my house from top to bottom. but I probably won't do that... 
 
three. I am helping a friend plan for another friends baby shower and I am so excited. It's going to be so fun! I have my cake inspiration, which helped lead to a little theme for the shower. It's gonna bee cute! I wish I could share a little of it here with you all... but I don't want to give any spoilers :)


four. The same weekend as the baby shower we are also going to a friend's wedding. I feel so prepared and proud of myself... I bought her gift in January. Snap. That is something that never happens. It's sitting next to the wrapping paper waiting to be tied up in a pretty little bow. This wedding is going to be amazing, tons of planning has gone into it and we are anxious to celebrate with our friend.

five. Because the wedding is going to be such a big shin-dig I feel like I need  a new dress to wear to it. The ones I have are either out of season, old, or not fancy enough. I don't know that I'll actually get a new dress, but I am kind of liking this one...

 
I'm not sure how I feel about the little hole at the top or if it would be too short... but maybe it could work? Either way, it could be fun to go and at least try it on, along with a few others. Where do you get your dresses for an affordable price? I just haven't seen too many I'm crazy about yet this year. 
 

 

10 comments:

sara {rhapsody and chaos} said...

Sounds like you have an awesome weekend lined up! Can't wait to stop back by to see pics of the shower you're helping with, if you get to post any of them. And I love falling asleep to the sound of rain, too.

Myla Munro Ringler said...

I think that dress is cute and I'm a fan of the 'keyhole'! TJ Maxx has always been good to me when I'm searching for cute dresses! And you can't beat the prices.

Alisha said...

I surprisingly found a really cute one on Forever 21's website that I stumbled upon. They have the "Love21" which are longer dresses and a little more conservative too. The dress I found for Easter was A-Line, to my knee's, and fit really well... plus, for only $22.00 I won't feel terrible if it isn't something I wear all of the time.

Amy said...

That dress is adorable! I love the smell, the sound, everything about rain! It's kind of comforting. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Amy said...

That dress is adorable! I love the smell, the sound, everything about rain! It's kind of comforting. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Lauren said...

i LOVE a nice rainy evening...and especially when it's nice enough to go outside after a nice rainstorm! LOVE the smell after a nice storm!

Rachel Lynn said...

Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshals!! My favorite is Ross. They're usually the cheapest too.

Katie @ sweet peas said...

I love rainy days! We live in Las Vegas and get a handful every year, but I absolutely love when they happen.

xoxo

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

Aww, I think the dress is adorable! And I also am completely unproductive during nap time as well...it's my ME time.

Jillian said...

I am so excited for the shower too :) love the bee theme and can't wait to prepare some more for it!!!