Wednesday, April 2, 2014

pumpkin muffins: a recipe

I know it's Spring and all and that pumpkin is thought of as more of a Fall food, but I don't really care what time of the year it is: pumpkin is delicious (and good for you too!). And that is why the other day when I needed to fix something for breakfast when my sister and her kids were here, I made pumpkin muffins. 


These muffins are perfectly yummy and this recipe makes a bunch (you could freeze them or just gobble them up all at once :).

Ingredients:
4 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cups applesauce [or oil]
1 1/2 - 1 3/4 cups sugar [depending on how sweet you want it]
15 oz pumpkin
1 3/4 cups flour
1/4 cup corn starch
4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 - 2 cups chocolate chips [optional]
1 cup chopped walnuts [optional]

Directions:
Mix eggs, applesauce [or oil], sugar, and pumpkin in a large bowl. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl [or just add them into the egg batter, there really is not much of a difference]. Mix all of the ingredients together until blended.

Pour into prepared greased or paper lined muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Let cool [for all of one minute, because it's pretty much impossible to not gobble them up right away :] and then enjoy!

Happy baking!

8 comments:

Alisha said...

I agree, pumpkin is good any time of the year! It is my favorite!! (I am so sad my little one is allergic... tragic, right?) :)

Angela said...

YUM! These look so amazing.

Amy said...

I've made something similar to these before & they are so delicious!

Laura said...

YUM! I love pumpkin anytime of the year! I'll certainly be trying these out. :)

tina bumblebee said...

This sounds so great! I love pumpkin everything, of course. Is the applesauce an ingredient to cut down on the amount of sugar or anything? I know some people use it to sweeten things and stay healthier... even when there is still some sugar in the recipe still. Might have to make these soon!

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

Yum, this looks delicious!!

Molly said...

Chocolate AND Pumpkin?! I'm in! Thanks for sharing. I have a feeling this is going to be a new staple.

Lauren said...

I love pumpkin & chocolate together! these look delicious!