Tuesday, April 8, 2014

the problem with favorite products

Everyone has products that they love and use daily, weekly, or monthly, depending. Some of these things are household items and some might be beauty items. For most things I don't really care if it's one brand or another, even though I have preferences I will be perfectly happy to use whatever as long as it does the job.

That is until it comes to my hair. My hair is naturally curly and so it comes with frizz and craziness some most days. In order to help tame my curls I use product. I have tried many different gels and mouses over the years: some work, some don't, some are just so so. For the past few years I have been a faithful user of Matrix Biolage Gelee. It tames the frizz, it defines the curls, it doesn't smell, it isn't too soft or too crunchy. Really, it's quite perfect.


I have perfected the science (or art) fixing my hair with the gel. And although it is a bit on the more pricey side, it lasts a long time and it works. So that's all I really care about. 

The problem is this though. I can't find it anywhere any more. I have gone in pretty much every store in town and none of them have it. They have shampoos and conditioners, hairsprays and finishing creams, but they don't have my beloved hair gel. 

The absence of this hair gel has forced me to try other ones, and they just aren't as good. And oh, it makes me so sad. 

I have looked for it online but haven't had much luck, that or it's way too expensive... 

I just want to know why companies stop making or selling the things that I love. Do you ever have this problem? Are there any products you use that are tried and true and use all the time? Or am I the only one it ever seems to happen to? Cause, by golly, it's just not nice.


*And no, this is not a sponsored or paid for post. Matrix has not provided me with this product to review for them, although if they wanted to I would be more than happy to :) 



4 comments:

Alisha said...

Not being able to find your "normal" products are the WORST! I have the same hair type... I got so excited at the beginning of this post... and am now bummed it is so hard to find.

I found it at Ulta: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod6490158&_requestid=248064

I may have to go check it out! $30 is expensive, but, if it works and lasts a long time... I am totally for it! :)

Susannah said...

Oh no!!! That's not good at all!!! I hope you find your product (or something similar) ASAP!!!

Courtney B said...

Oh this is TOTALLY the worst!! I'm the kind of girl that is willing to spend the $$ if it's the only thing that works for my hair. I hope you can find this! It may be worth asking your stylist if she can find it at the beauty supply?? But they always discontinue products and it's such a bummer!

sara {rhapsody and chaos} said...

TOTALLY the worst when your favorite products go away :(

Is this it on Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=matrix+gelee