Monday, May 12, 2014

A Happy Mother's Day Weekend

Yesterday Emerson woke up bright and early, apparently he really wanted to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. When I went in his room to get him he was all smiles and giggles and when I picked him up he just wanted back in his crib. He played in his crib for probably 30 minutes or so and just wanted my company. Such a thoughtful little guy. 


Before church we made a quick stop at Lowe's, where we got my gift : a hydrangea plant [quite possibly my favorite flower]. I am so excited to plant it [read: for Landon to plant it :] and watch it grow over the next few years. We made a super quick stop at Target for some yogurt and then we went off to church. 
my card-notebook 


We spent the rest of the day playing, napping, reading, going on a long walk in hopes of another nap for a cranky boy, and then for dinner we got Penn Station. Landon treated me with his gift card, he said he guessed I was worth sharing it with. It was a yummy treat and clean up dishes were quite minimal yesterday, just the way I like it. Before grabbing dinner we mixed up our daily routine even more by stopping at the grocery store really quick to take some faulty products back. The day was a little busier and fuller than a typical day is for us, but it was fun to change things up a little bit.


We didn't spend time with family, but we were able to Facetime with both of Emerson's grandmas and wish them a happy day from afar. One grandma we'll get to see this coming weekend and the other one ... maybe in a few months? 


It was a fun and simple day, it's a good thing that is my favorite kind of day. I hope all you mamas, mamas-to-be, and praying-to-be mamas had a wonderful day too! 














2 comments:

Alisha said...

Such a happy baby in the morning. So sweet. Love the bottom picture of the two of you!

Lauren said...

sounds like a great way to spend mother's day...ours was pretty packed with visiting both Hubby & I's mommas, which is awesome that they're so close, but sometimes makes for busy holidays!