Monday, May 5, 2014

a typical little weekend

This weekend we were back to our normal stuff -no trips, no visits. Just hanging out around the house. It's a good thing we're homebodies. Thankfully the weather was fairly nice this weekend and we were able to go out for a few walks around the neighborhood.

On Friday afternoon Emerson and I stopped at the bank and then we went to get Landon from school. I had a book on hold at the library so we went over there and looked around for a bit before heading home for the night. One thing we really enjoy each week is our Friday night date night: Landon fixes pizza while I get Emerson ready for bed and then we sit down and watch a movie together. It's nothing fancy, but maybe that's why it suits us so well.

Saturday was a calm day. Thankfully I didn't have to go to the grocery store, but I did want to get one thing at Target [which we all know means a cart full of goodies]. For some reason, they are the only store here that carries the yogurt Emerson loves, and since he isn't a huge fan of milk at the moment, I make it a point to at least have yogurt for him. Anyhow, we were ready to head out right after breakfast and Landon said he would come too. So we went out on a little family outing. I think if I were there by myself we might have actually only gotten the yogurt and  maybe one or two other things. It was nice to see the hubs adding things to the cart.


Once we were home Emerson was ready for his nap, and he took such a good nap -nearly three hours! Landon has a hard time sitting still, and didn't have a lot to do for his classes this weekend, so he started fixing lunch before I could even offer. It was nice to have lunch fixed for me, we were even able to enjoy it together before the munchkin woke up.


The rest of the afternoon consisted of a walk to the park, another [much needed] nap, and dinner. So pretty much, like every other day around these parts. Though, we worked on a little project/redo of sorts, and that was pretty exciting. But, I'll save that for another day.



Sunday we headed to church, had nap time/chill time, ate lunch together [again, while E was napping away], went for a little stroll, had more play time, another nap, ate dinner, and that's about it.



At one point during our walk Emerson was handed the leash... and then, of course, did not want to let go. So we just let Boady take E for a little stroller ride. They both had a nice little walk together: E held on to the leash and Boady didn't go too fast or pull too hard. In fact, he gave me a nice little break from pushing the stroller. ha. Maybe we should do that more often. He is a small but very strong dog, I tell ya.

All in all it was a nice and quiet little weekend. I hope you all had a nice weekend too!



3 comments:

Sarah said...

Look at that cute sweater vest! Love it!

Amy said...

What a great weekend! I love when Luke tags along with us to Target or to any store for that matter. :)

Alisha said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Target has the best yogurt selection by far... we live 35 minutes from Target and are always making a "pit stop" (full grocery cart) there.