Friday, May 23, 2014

happy friday : )

Friday always brings a happy little breath of fresh air and I am always happy to welcome it each week. Yesterday really felt like Friday to me for some reason, so I guess I'm just thankful that it was only one day away :) 

1. I've had some shorter work weeks recently. It's nice to have the day to do whatever I like and be able to go somewhere if I want to. But it's also not so great because that's a smaller pay check for me and E misses his little friend when she isn't here. Last week Bee left early on Thursday and was gone Friday. Then this Monday and Tuesday she wasn't here due to Emerson being sick. She was here Wednesday and Thursday, but then her parents found out her that her Great Grandpa has passed away, so they were going to start their weekend early to drive up for the funeral. Even though we just played with Bee for two days, those babies had oodles of fun. I don't know what Emerson will do when summer break starts. Maybe something like this?


2. Yesterday morning I went in for part one of my root canal. Apparently it's a process and I'll be back a few more times before it's all said and done. But my oh my. A root canal. I feel like everyone makes it out to be so much worse than it really is. It's really not too much different than having a filling. The doctor was quick and seemed to do a good job -at least from what I could tell. I think it's the tooth pain that can give [does give] a root canal a bad rap. Back in January or February I had tooth pain and it was not fun. Holy moly. The one thing that really stinks about having a root canal [aside from the fact that my tooth is now officially dead] is the price tag that comes along with it. As I handed over my credit card to pay for the procedure the other day, I couldn't help but think to myself, "We could get a brand new MacBook for less than this." Ugh. Sickening. And we need a new computer.... 

3. This, just this. It is amazing. My sisters-in-law sent me a sweet and oh so thoughtful Mother's Day gift with Landon's parents last weekend when they were visiting. This was in it and my life is forever changed now. Also, we need a Trader Joe's here. 

google images

4. Remember my quandary from the other week? Well, I ended up ordering the little baby book and I am so glad I did. I just hope Emerson appreciates it as much as I do one day. 


5. This week I've started a new way of doing laundry around here. I'm hoping it helps me maintain the mountain of laundry that would pile up each week. We'll see... I'm so excited about it I even have a little motto for this chore now: A load a day keeps the piles away! Clever, no? I have Emerson to thank for getting me started on the whole one load a day thing. So far it's going well. I've actually managed to fold and put away the clothes I wash on the same day they are washed. Big accomplishment, let me tell ya. 


Anyhow, I hope you all have a happy and fun three day weekend! 

Linking up here




2 comments:

Amy said...

Love that laundry schedule! haha! I need that in my laundry area. :)

Christina Schergen said...

oh sorry about the root canal...I don't dig the dentist lol... my heart goes out to you! Also, i need that laundry sign!