Friday, May 30, 2014

one week, fifteen months, and two years ... some numbers for friday

[one]
After today I only have five more days of baby-sitting Bee for this school year. It's kind of exciting because it will allow for a little more freedom in our days, but also sad because I think Emerson will really miss seeing his buddy each and every day. Those two absolutely love being together [even though yesterday they got into a little bitting battle, and because E has a few more teeth than Bee does his bite showed up a lot more than hers did. Yikes].


[two]
I successfully made a sourdough starter and bread! It's a [kind of slow] process, and you have to have patience, but it is oh so worth it when you smell that warm toasty sour bread smell wafting through your house. Smells like home and I love it. I'm not sure why baking bread makes me giddy, but oh it does.   


[three] 
This weekend I'm going to try and make some yogurt for the little man. Since he loves yogurt but is not currently eating dairy I've had to find a dairy free option. The only problem with that is that it costs a fortune. Enter homemade soy yogurt. I am praying I don't kill it, that it tastes yummy, and that E loves it just as much as the store bought kind. I'll be sure to let you know how that endeavor goes. I don't have a yogurt maker and am going to try it without, but it doesn't mean I'm not looking at the yogurt maker options out there. If you have any experience making yogurt [especially dairy free] please share your wisdom with me! 


[four]
We just got a hospital bill for Emerson when he had breast-milk jaundice -15 months ago. Can they do that?! I mean, really, shouldn't all of that been taken care of a long time ago? 

[five] 
I am loving the warmer sandal wearing weather. It makes my toes happy to feel the sunshine, though it does mean I have to be a little more attentive to my chipping nail polish. The other day while slipping my good old flip flops on my feet I noticed I could feel the floor with my heel. Apparently I had worn those sandals so much that a nice little hole decided to appear in the bottom. Though I suppose that's what I should expect when I only paid two dollars for them at Old Navy two summers ago. A dollar a summer, not too shabby, right? ...and a good excuse to go find a new pair of flip flops, cause really, how can you survive summer without a trusty pair of flip flops? 


I hope you all have a lovely weekend and are able to enjoy some warm sunshine and little adventures. 




Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
Linking up here



2 comments:

Lauren said...

ha! I still remember when my black old navy flip flops bit the dust, and I only realized it when I could feel rocks from the ground through the bottom! ha! guess that just means it's time to go shoe shopping!!!

Lauren said...

ha! I still remember when my black old navy flip flops bit the dust, and I only realized it when I could feel rocks from the ground through the bottom! ha! guess that just means it's time to go shoe shopping!!!