Wednesday, May 7, 2014

the perfect morning {it's the little things}

Yesterday I know I told you I'd share my genius idea with you all, but I decided this morning that I would link up with Ashely for it's the little things instead. So, you'll just have to wait a little bit longer. I can tell you're pretty bummed, sorry...  :)

This morning just might be in the running for being one of the most enjoyable. I got up and ready and was even doing some reading and journaling before Emerson woke up [yay for him sleeping in until 6:20 :]. We had a nice little breakfast with Landon and then he was off. We had about an hour before Bee was supposed to get to the house and it looked so pretty outside and I was thinking it would be a shame to spend it inside.

So, I asked Emerson if he wanted to go for a walk. He dropped the blocks he was playing with, ran over to me, climbed into my lap, wrapped his soft little arms tightly around my neck, and started jumping of sorts while in my arms. As if to say, "let's go." I love that he understands what I'm saying and when he jumps on me to go do something. It really is these little moments that I love the most. We got our shoes and a hat and then we asked the pup if he was up for a little stroll too.

Our dog is a little strange. As in he is one of the only dogs I know of that doesn't like to go on walks. What dog doesn't like to go on walks? When he was a puppy he couldn't go on walks enough, but then one day we used to ask him to go on a walk and he darted away from us and hid under the couch. It's kind of been that way for a few years now. Dog does not like walks. ...unless we're all together and then he'll go, as long as there aren't any skateboards or bikes... and if there are he'll stop walking, lay down in the middle of the road or sidewalk, and refuse to budge. That or he'll turn around and try and take us home. I guess, now that I think about it, bikes are pretty terrifying...


Anyhow, this morning when I asked what he wanted to to, he darted over to the stroller and sat down next to it. Apparently he wanted to go with us. I got him all harnessed and leashed up and the baby in the stroller, then we were off.

The sun was out, a light breeze was dancing around us, it was perfectly warm, and there was nothing any of us would have rather been doing.


It was the perfect way to start the day. I am so thankful for this morning and for other quiet mornings. There is nothing better than enjoying the start of a new day than by walking around with two cute buddies -well, I guess if the hubs had been there it could have been even better. But, I'll take what I can get :).

I hope you all have delightful day.

 link up here



5 comments:

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Such a PERFECT morning! No better way to start the day. ;)

Alisha said...

That sounds like the best way to spend a morning. :)

Alycia said...

Haha, love that your dog is quirky too. My dog has to wear boots inthe house bacause he is scared of the laminate floors, unless he is under the kitchen table. So strange.

Sounds like you had a nice little morning!

visiting from the Little Things link up: mitchalycia.blogspot.ca

Joanna said...

your little guys is juust too cute!!

newest follower of your blog :)
joanna-dan.blogspot.com

Courtney B said...

Oh this really does sound sooooo perfect!! Good for you for taking advantage of a beautiful morning! Mia understands what I say these days as well and it melts my heart each time I ask her if she wants to go upstairs with me, or outside, and she stops what she's doing and runs over to grab my finger and follow me :)

p.s. What time do you get up in the morning? Super woman!