Friday, June 6, 2014

meeting grandpa - five on friday

Welp, it's Friday. Happy Weekend to you! 

one. My parents came to visit us the other day. They arrived late Wednesday evening and left early this morning. It was the first time my Dad had met Emerson in person. He had seen and 'met' him via Face Time and what not; but he'd never held the little guy or seen him in person before. After a while of Emerson looking him over while munching on his breakfast he decided Grandpa was alright.


two. This visit was the second time my Mom has seen Emerson; the first time was when he was about a month old and she came and stayed for about two weeks with us. He didn't remember her [obviously], but after warming up to her he was happy to read books and show her his favorite things. 


three. My parents had originally told me they planned to stay Wednesday night and leave the following day. After they were here and were chatting a bit the first night, they announced they'd be staying the full day on Thursday. I didn't mind the extra time with them, but I will say I was stressing out about what to fix for dinner the next night. I thought they would eat with us Wednesday, so I fixed a meal big enough [and good enough] just in case they made it. But they didn't. I hadn't planned on a second meal to fix for them. The planner in me was going a little nuts. But it was all good in the end, I fixed food and had a whole day to spend with them. I'm not sure when I'll see them again.
 

four. While they were here I realized just how much I love/need/thrive on routine. It's maybe a little unhealthy... I have a routine and I stick to it. If it is messed with even the slightest I need to pull out a paper bag and breathe [ok, not really that extreme, but it does make me a little extremely anxious]. Even something as simple as having my quiet time and blogging time with coffee while they were here stressed me out. I wanted to [and did] spend time with them, but I so desperately missed and wanted to be reading, blogging, and what not. I just kept telling myself that they are only here once every two years, so a little change in the routine is good.


five. On a bit of a different note -today is my last official day with Bee. School is out for summer! I'll probably watch her a days during the summer but no longer each day until August comes around [which will be all too soon I am sure!]. I think Emerson is really going to miss his buddy. 

Happy Summer to you! 



- linking up here :) 

6 comments:

Meghan said...

That's nice your parents got to visit and spend some time with Emerson. How far away do you parents live from you that you only get to see them once every 2 years?

Breanna said...

Your little guy is ADORABLE! :) HI there - I Just found your blog today and am so happy to be your newest follower! :) My son Jonah will be 18 months old tomorrow! Aren't little boys the best? :) I'm looking forward to following along!

- Breanna
www.morethanloveblog.com

Lauren said...

Emerson is so precious! Where do your parents live that you only see them once every couple of years! I honestly can't imagine that!

Susannah said...

What fun that you got to spend time with your parents! Where do they live that you only get to see them every 2 years? Are they overseas?

Amy said...

So glad that you got to spend time with your parents & Emerson, too! Where oh where do your parents live? Hoping you will see them sooner than later!

Karli | September F A R M said...

hey gal! i am contacting people that linked up in the last 5 on friday linkup...that has since been put on hold for the summer. well...if you were interested, a friend of mine and i are starting it back up! the first one will be live this friday morning! prepare your post! :) it's going to be called "oh hey, friday!" it'll be the exact same rules. write about five anythings. hope to see you there! karli from http://farmerbell.blogspot.com