Wednesday, June 11, 2014

raspberry muffins: a recipe

If you've been around here for a bit you've probably picked up on the fact that I love baking. It makes my heart happy. This past weekend I was able to bake up a bunch of yummies. One of them being raspberry muffins. 


At the grocery store this week so many fruits were on sale so I was quick to snatch up lots of them as they are the one thing that is eaten more than anything else in this house. At my hubby's urging I went ahead and made some muffins with the raspberries.


Ingredients: 
1 3/4 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk [I used soy milk]
1/4 cup applesauce
1 cup raspberries, quartered


Directions: 
Grease muffin tins or line with muffin wrappers. Set aside. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in medium size bowl. In a separate bowl mix the egg, milk, and applesauce together. Pour into dry mixture. Lightly mix until combined [batter should be lumpy]. Fold in raspberries.
Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes.


Let cool for a bit before you enjoy these yummies... or just cut one open right away and put a dab of butter on it so it melts all nice and creamy on your muffin.


This recipe makes 12 muffins, double it for more! Ours went super fast... I guess that's what happens when you have a toddler who loves muffins and fruit. And a hubby. And you love a good muffin too... I guess I should have doubled it.



Raspberry Muffins

Ingredients: 
1 3/4 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk [I used soy milk] 
1/4 cup applesauce 
1 cup raspberries, quartered 

Directions: 
Grease muffin tins or line with muffin wrappers. Set aside. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in medium size bowl. In a separate bowl mix the egg, milk, and applesauce together. Pour into dry mixture. Lightly mix until combined [batter should be lumpy]. Fold in raspberries. 
Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes. 




Do you enjoy baking? What are your favorite things to make? I'm always up for trying new recipes, so feel free to share! :) 


4 comments:

Alisha said...

Yum!!

These look delicious!! I can't wait to try them!!

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

These would be perfect for my little guy!! I am definitely going to be making some of these!!

I love that the recipe doesn't have a ton of fat or sugar in it. I hate giving my toddler stuff filled with sugar and preservatives.

Amy said...

Can't wait to try these! Cash will love these, too!

Lauren said...

i might have to whip these up this afternoon! I have everything I need!