Monday, June 2, 2014

Some June Goals

This weekend was really low key [aren't they all around here?]. A lot of family time, some movie watching, walks, a trip to a new park, an adventure to the mall, grocery shopping, and naps. It was a pretty good, pretty, pretty good weekend.

I've seen lots of ladies sharing goals they have for each month and I always enjoy reading their goals. I've never really made any goals for myself, but I've been thinking about a few things that I would like to do and figured it might be fun to make a few goals for myself this month. We'll see how they go -maybe sharing them will keep me more accountable?

- Wake up early [every day] and spend some time in the Word and in prayer

- Read three or four books [some months I'm much better at doing this than others]

- Plan our meals out in advance [not the night before or morning of the grocery shopping trip] and use up the stock pile of food we have in our pantry

- Keep our grocery bill under $100

- Set aside time for writing

- Conquer the homemade yogurt technique

- Keep my sourdough starter alive

- Visit family

- Get my hair trimmed [maybe?]

- Clean the house weekly

- Take Emerson swimming


Exciting goals, I know, but that's me -exciting. ha. What about you, do you have goals for yourself this month? summer? Do you find they help you?

I hope you all had a fun weekend!


5 comments:

Amy said...

Great June goals! We have a stockpile in our freezer that we have to go through, too.

Whitney said...

I'm trying to get up earlier and plan meal in advance too! Good luck!!

Lauren said...

great goals! I have my alarm set to get up early and I hardly ever do it...I really need to just get out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off!

Alisha said...

Those are all great goals!!! I have some of the same ones!

Susannah said...

What great goals! I'd love it if you'd share your sourdough starter recipe!