Monday, June 30, 2014

the end of a good thing

For a while now we've been having issues with our computer. I'll be working on something (or let's be honest, more often than not, browsing the internet) and it will just die/crash/turn off/freeze. This weekend it died on me four times while I was writing one email. Granted it was a little bit long, but still, a computer should not die like that. I turned it on this morning and it died another three times. Oh dear. 

We are going to be bidding adieu to our once trusty and faithful friend. The hubs surprised me with the computer after we were married. He opened our apartment door that he had been living in before we got married, and two steps in (we had a little apartment) he turned me to see our computer. I was so shocked and surprised; he knew I liked Macs but thought they were overpriced (true :) so I never thought he would buy one. It has lasted a good five years and ten months. 

                                       

But now, we aren't sure he can last another full day without freezing up on us -actually, we know he can't, so we're making sure everything is backed up on the external hard drive before our buddy decides to just not turn in. Sad day. 

Until we find and purchase a new computer my posts may be infrequent, short, and lacking in pictures.  Though maybe that's your favorite kind of post to read? Speaking of favorites, what are your favorite types of posts to read? What do they include? Do share! 


3 comments:

Alisha said...

Getting a new computer is always stressful, but exciting too. I hate the times just before you are forced to get a new one, when inevitably it will crash a million times, I feel for you, sweet girl!

My favorite posts are the ones that are personal and real. :) It is fun to get glances at the lives of people I feel like I "know".

Alisha said...

Getting a new computer is always stressful, but exciting too. I hate the times just before you are forced to get a new one, when inevitably it will crash a million times, I feel for you, sweet girl!

My favorite posts are the ones that are personal and real. :) It is fun to get glances at the lives of people I feel like I "know".

Rachel Lynn said...

Have you tried sending/taking it to apple to fix? I've heard they're pretty good...but I've never actually owned an Apple. Good luck with the search for a new one!