Thursday, July 17, 2014

favorite toddler summer activities

Since Summer has started I've been looking for fun things for Emerson to do. He loves being outside so a lot of the things we do are outside. Although, I'm not gonna lie, if it's too hot I can't stand the heat and get cranky, so we stay inside for during the heat of the day. Even still, there are lots of activities that we can do together. Here are some of our favorites:


1. Go to the park - we love to go to the park near our house and try visiting other parks in the area. We've found some really fun parks and we usually spend a long while exploring at the park.

2. Go for a walk - this is one of our favorite things to do together. Anytime I even ask if Emerson wants to go for a walk he gets up and goes off to find his shoes and hat. We look at the bunnies, birds, grass, flowers... anything. Walks let us see so much.

3. Blow bubbles - I mean, come on, how awesome are bubbles? Need I say any more?

4. Play with the hose/sprinkler - for some reason, Emerson isn't a huge fan of being in the pool, but he LOVES playing with water. Give him a hose or a sprinkler to put his hands in and he is a happy camper. There is almost nothing better.

5. Play hide and seek - this game will keep us busy for hours [for Emerson that's 30 minutes, but yes, that's a long time].

6. Have a cold treat - Be it a cold pouch, ice cream, smoothie, ice water ... it's the little things. 

7. Help with chores - little ones, like helping with the laundry or putting clothes away, vacuuming... [hopefully starting now and making out to be lots of fun will start him thinking that chores are always awesome!]

So, that's what we like to do. I would love it if you shared what you like to do during the summer days with your little one[s]. 





July 10:  Keeping your marriage alive with a toddler
July 17:  Favorite summer toddler activities
July 24:  Helping Your Toddler to Communicate (Words, emotions, etc.)
July 31:  Dealing with Separation Anxiety
Aug 7:    Car Trip Necessities
Aug 14:  Deciding when the time is right for baby #2 (and/or how to handle these questions)
Aug 21:  Tricks for eating out with your toddler
Aug 28:  Feeling confident as a mom (How to feel this way, Your struggle with, etc.)

5 comments:

Amy Will said...

Love your activities list! My son is absolutely fascinated by bubbles, too :) And those cold treats definitely help on hot summer days. Thanks for sharing!

Amy @ http://livinglifetruth.blogspot.com/

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Love that you included help with chores. Avery is just starting to be a good helper with things around the house. Especially laundry! I make sure to save my chores she can help with for when she's awake!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Love that you included help with chores. Avery is just starting to be a good helper with things around the house. Especially laundry! I make sure to save my chores she can help with for when she's awake!

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

Aislynn isn't such a great helper for chores yet. She finds them to be boring and whines to go back to her toys haha.

Courtney B said...

Mia is obsessed with helping me unload the dishwasher these days and it's the cutest thing!! I remember when I thought chores were fun... too bad I lost that enthusiasm as I grew, HA!
I am dying to buy a home so that we can have a yard where we can turn on the sprinklers or simply pull out the hose and let Mia have some fun!